Chapter 22 - Coat

Quick summary of Chapter 21: As a flashback, Yoongi drove (semi drunk, semi sober) to Jungkook's house. Jungkook initially just wanted Yoongi to sleep next to him, but that quickly escalated to something more. Yoongi woke up the next morning with no memory of the night before and - out of fear for what he might have done - quickly ran away while Jungkook was asleep.

-

Taehyung pulled Jimin onto his lap as they sat on the grassy edge of that same mountain edge where they first kissed. Only now the sun shone brightly, bringing the distant hills to life. Jimin stiffened as Taehyung's chin rested on his shoulder and breathed in Jimin's warm scent which mixes in with the freshness of the air. It was so sweet, almost like the smell of vanilla.

Taehyung smiles to himself as his hands reached around Jimin's waist. Jimin shuddered.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked. He was a little worried that his eagerness to get closer to Jimin was pushing the older boy away.

Jimin smiled, "It's cold." Taehyung immediately reaches for his own coat and started unzipping it. "No, no. I can't take your coat, you'll be cold."

Taehyung pauses, thinking of a solution. He decided to continue unzipping the coat, but rather then taking it off, he held it open.

"Come on," he said.

Jimin raised an eyebrow at him, "What?"

"Put your arms into the sleeves along with mine," Taehyung said it as if it was the only obvious thing to do.

Jimin laughed, "We're gonna rip your coat."

"I don't care. You'll be warm and I'll be closer to you. It's a win-win situation," Taehyung smiled. Jimin's eyes lingered a little too long on Taehyung delicious lips that stretched into a perfect, beautiful, square smile. Taehyung noticed. "If you like, you can slip your arms in while facing me rather than away from me." His gaze turned a little cheeky, a little flirtatious.

Jimin's cheeks blushed as he tried to force himself to glare in respond, but Taehyung just laughed. "You're so cute, that's just not fair. I could eat your cheeks," Taehyung said lovingly as he pinched Jimin's soft, puffy cheeks. And, yes, his skin was definitely ten times soft than it looked.

"That," Jimin tried to speak, "is considered cannibalism."

"Really?" Taehyung said with a smirk before spinning Jimin around, cupping the latter's face and pressing his lips to the older boy's face. Jimin's immediate reaction was to freeze ... and then blush violently ... then calm down ... and then he let out a loud yelp as Taehyung gently nibbled on his cheek.

"Cannibal-fucking-ism!" Jimin yelled as he laughed. He finally pushed his arms through the wide sleeves of Taehyung's coat, allowing his chest to press closer against Taehyung's. He enjoyed the feeling of Taehyung's heart beating against his; it felt like they were connected.

It was Taehyung's turn to freeze up now. Jimin looked like a kitten snuggled up against his chest and it made his heart want to melt. Taehyung intertwined his long fingers with Jimin's warm, tiny ones as he cleared his throat, getting ready to break the long-lived silence.

"Do you ... do you want to talk about the whole Jungkook thing? I get it if you don't," he decided to add on, just to be sure he wouldn't offend the older or put him in an uncomfortable position.

Jimin's expression grew pained, before it was replaced with a gentle smile. "Maybe it's for the best."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, slightly worried that it was a mistake to bring this topic up.