Chapter 17 - Tears

So ... a little dramatic but I hope you guys like it.

Blame autocorrect for any mistakes. 😊

-

Jimin sat in his wheelchair and stared because there was nothing else he could do.

Taehyung stood in the middle of the road, his hand buried deep in the front of the truck only a few centimetres away from the woman with her baby. The woman was sitting on the ground, crying, as she clutched her baby in her arms.

Taehyung's breaths were deep and uneven. People had already collected around them: some clapping, some cheering, most taking pictures, no one did anything. Jimin was the only one who was close enough to see how the muscles in Taehyung's arm pulsed in - what seemed to be - a very painful manner and the sudden spark of red light that seemed to appear and disappear in Taehyung's eyes with every breath.

Jimin decided to move closer. He rested his hand on the woman's shoulder, who looked up helplessly.

"It's okay," Jimin told her. "You're safe. Can you stand?"

She nodded as she brought the baby closer to her chest as the little child started to cry. She stood on shaky legs and moved towards the crowd of people, several people rushing to help her.

Jimin turned towards Taehyung, who was still trying to control his breathing as his fingers easily curled the front of the truck with little to no effort.

"Taetae?" Jimin whispered.

Taehyung spun around suddenly, his eye locking with Jimin's. The red sparkles and flashes of power were gone as Jimin stared into the eyes of someone who was absolutely terrified.

"Taehyungie, are you alright?" Jimin asked.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

The weird familiarity he had felt when he first saw Taehyung, which seemed like ages ago. The gentle buzz of power that followed Taehyung about. The black hood that always hid his head.

It was the same boy who had saved Kookie two years ago.

The boy who he - Park Jimin - risked his life for.

For no reason it seemed because the boy standing in front of him was clearly more than capable of defending himself.

"Jimin." A desperate voice broke Jimin out of his memories. "Jiminie," Taehyung sobbed as he dropped onto his knees in front of Jimin. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"Taehyung—" Jimin began to say but was quickly interrupted.

"I'm not a monster, I promise. Please. Don't push me away. I would never hurt. Don't leave me. You may not need me, but I need you. I won't ever use my power again, I promise. Just. Don't leave me."

"Kim Taehyung," Jimin said sternly as he tilted the younger boy's chin up so their eyes met. "Why would I leave you? Why would I be afraid of you?"

"I just realised, Jimin," Taehyung said as he wiped the tears away only for more tears to come cascading down. "You were the boy - the boy who I thought I killed - two years ago. I didn't believe it at first because I was sure that that boy died. I couldn't protect you."

"I should have protected myself," Jimin said, a sad smile settling on his lips. "I was so stupid. That entire situation was my fault."

" I'm sure it wasn't."

"But it was," Jimin quickly said. He laughed a little to disguise his sadness. "You don't even know how much I am to blame for everything that happened that day. And here you are crying, asking me to stay, when I'm the one who should be begging both you and Jungkook for forgiveness. Yoongi-hyung, too. I got him mixed up in this mess. And my parents, I never apologised to them for what I did."

Jimin looked back at Taehyung, when he realised he was getting carried away, to see the younger boy with red eyes, tear-stained cheeks, ruffled hair, trembling hands curled into fists, and wide, glassy eyes that look up at Jimin with adoration.

Jimin felt like crying.

"I'm not leaving you. Even if you asked me to, I wouldn't leave you. While I rely on everyone else around me, you actually make me feel needed. I would never leave," Jimin promised as he cupped Taehyung's face.

The latter finally smiled and put his hand around the back of Jimin's neck, pulling the older boy down so their lips connected.

Both boys were smiling, making the kiss awkward and Taehyung's tears made it salty, but neither of them cared. All Taehyung needed was the knowledge that Jimin was there for him, that was all that mattered.

Jungkook ran away.

He understood that his best friend loved Taehyung. He understood that there was no way for him to win Jimin back, but the last thing he needed was to see the two kissing as the crowd behind them 'aww'ed and squealed.

"Fuck this shit!" He yelled as he ran into the classroom they had just left and slammed the door shut behind him.

He curled up into a ball in the furthest corner, hoping the darkness would just swallow him whole. What was the point? His life had always revolved around Jimin. What was he supposed to do now?

"Fuck," he mumbled as he felt tears streaming down his cheeks. Unlike Taehyung, he had no Jimin to comfort him.

"Yeah, well, I'm here." Jungkook heard a familiar voice say as a slender hand wiped his cheek. "I may not be Jimin, but I know he would sit with you now and hug you until you calm down so ... that's what I'm gonna do."

Yoongi sat on the floor and pulled Jungkook's head onto his lap as he ran his fingers through the younger's hair, trying to calm him down.

"How did you know—?" Jungkook was about to ask, but was answered immediately.

"That you were thinking about Jimin? Come on," Yoongi teased. "When are you not?"

Jungkook smiled, but he also cried. He was so confused. He wanted to say so much. He wanted to tell Yoongi about all the different emotions that had welled up in him over the years. The bad memories, the happy ones. Because the happy ones hurt more. He wanted to get everything out there, into the open. He wanted to be set free of this hell that was currently residing in his bones and eating away at his flesh. He didn't want that pain anymore. He didn't want to be alone. He didn't want to suffer alone. He wanted Yoongi to hear him out and understand him. Jungkook wanted someone to be there for him. He had so much he wanted to say.

But only one, single, simple plea came out...

"Yoongi-hyung, don't leave me, please."

-

Idk if I'll update before New Year so HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2017 was a pretty bad year (apart from BTS greatly gaining fame) so let's hope 2018 will be a lot better (and more success for BTS)!!!!!

I think this story is coming slowly to an end, but I do still have a few issues to resolve. I am planning to end on a smutty chapter so if there is anything in particular you would like to see please let me know!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed!!!