Chapter 3

[JJ's POV]
I spent almost the whole of last night working on this dinner for us. I want to give NJ a good first impression of me, although it seems like I already have. We reached the spot and I parked. I got out of the car, NJ following suite. "Oh God, you're taking me into the woods," NJ murmured and I laughed at her. One thing I appreciated about her was her sense of humour. "I'm not going to fucking rape you, damnit," I said and we both laughed. I grabbed her wrist ever so lightly and led the way through the woods. We reached the empty spot I had been working on yesterday. I saw NJ's reaction and chuckled lightly. She was gawking at my hardwork, her eyes widening in surprise as she saw the food. I prepared an array of food with the kind help of the girls. "Wow," she breathed out and I let out a toothy smile. "Have a seat, m'lady," I gestured NJ to sit down on the tree stumo and she gladly did so. "Damn, you really put in a lot of effort, huh?" NJ said in awe and I nodded. We devoured the delicious food and chatted and laughed away. After we finished eating, we just sat in comfortable silence. "The view really is beautiful," NJ said as she stared out at the lake. "And the lights really make the whole environment," NJ said, indicating the fairy lights I hung around. I chuckled and replied, "Sure do." The lights illuminated the lake that sat in front of us, making it look very mesmerising. We both sighed contentently in unison and looked at each other, laughing. "Do you mind if I take some cool shots of you?" NJ asked and I giggled at her. "Totally doesn't sound creepy at all," I said, my voice dripping in sarcasm. "Piss off," she replied laughing, shoving me lightly. For the rest of the evening, NJ took some really cool pictures of me and taught me a few things about photography, me helping to take some shots of her as well. "NJ, where the fuck did you learn to take such cool shots? Even with a bloody phone?" I asked her in awe and she chuckled at me. "I taught myself," she simply said and my jaw dropped to the floor. "Rah," I replied and she hummed in response. We packed up the containers and threw our mess away, and sat back in the comfort of my car. NJ and I made small talk as calming music played in the background. "Thank you so fucking much JJ, for tonight. I had alot of bloody fun and I really enjoyed it," NJ thanked me with a glisten in her eyes, putting her hand on mine. "It was my pleasure, genuinely. I also had alot of fun," I said, wrapping my fingers around her hand and she hummed in response. "We should do this again," we both say again at the same time and chuckle lightly at ourselves. I saw a blush creep onto NJ's cheeks and smiled as I realised my cheeks warming up too. We sat in comfortable silence when I soon heard quiet snores next to me. NJ had fallen asleep and she honestly looked really cute. I grinned from ear to ear as I saw NJ snuggling into her hoodie. Thank God NJ sent me her address before this. I pulled up to her house, her hand still intertwined with mine. I slowly unlaced our fingers from each other and unbuckled my belt, opening the passenger door and carrying NJ bridal style from her seat. I quickly locked my car and knocked on the door. It was quitr late but I assumed someone would be awake. I know that she lived with 6 others. A familiar looking face opened up the door and I gapsed. "Rachel?!" I asked in shock. "JJ!?" She asked in shock as well. Another girl emerged from behind her. "Hey, I'm Liv. I'm assuming you're JJ?" Liv asked and I nodded, gulping. Rachel was giving me daggers but I did my best to ignore them. "Come in, her room is 3 doors down the corridor," Liv said in confusion as she saw Rachel glaring at me. I quickly but carefull walked to NJ's room and placed her gently on the bed. I placed her bag on her gaming chair and examined her room. There were many posters and she had an Xbox and PS4. She was a huge gamer as well and she had a guitar. She also seems to love certain YouTubers. I saw she had a couple of awards for dancing, singing, photography, acting and football competition. I was flabbergasted that she had so many talents. And it was from that moment, I had a plan. But my thoughts were disrupted by a figure at the door. "Hello, JJ," Rachel said through gritted teeth, anger soaking her voice. "Um, hey Rach..." I said, rubbing my neck awkwardly. She opened her mouth to say something but I immediately intruded. "Look Rachel, I just want to say, I'm sorry. For everything, truly. I feel so bad for what I did and I want to take this time to apologise. You don't have to forgive me now, but please...think about it," I apologised and Rachel sighed. She just left the room, not saying a thing. I went to NJ and whispered, "Goodnight, prick." "Goodnight, twat," she whispered sleepily back and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled at the contact and kissed her forehead. I said bye to Liv and left the house. I drove back home with NJ on my mind the whole time. It was quite late so I opened the door quietly and tip toed up the stairs to my room. "JJ?" Simon asked, making me jump. I turned around and saw him come out of his room. "Hey Simon," I said. "Where were you?" Simon asked, curiosity masking his face. "With NJ..." I trailed off and Simon chuckled softly. "Goodnight, Jide," he said and went back to his room. "Goodnight?" I said, confused. I closed my door quietly, and flopped onto my bed. I fell asleep with NJ on my mind, smiling brightly.