Chapter 9

[JJ's POV]
I entered the house, chuckling lightly now at what NJ just did. "What's so funny, huh?" Josh suddenly appeared from around the corner, making me jump. Josh laughed and I rolled my eyes, making my way up the stairs. "Wait, JJ! Still didn't answer my question," Josh asked. I turned around and replied, "Well, that's for me to know, and for you to not give a fuck about." He groaned and I laughed, entering my room. I flopped onto my bed as tiredness soaked my entire body, pulling me into a blissful sleep.
[NJ's POV]
I parked my car and made sure to clean up the 'mess'. I sprayed some freshener to get rid of the salty smell of sex. I limped into the house, a huge smile presented on my face as I entered the kitchen to get a bottle of water. The bottom part of me was feeling really sore right now. I gulped it down, my parched throat finally being satisfied with the moisture. "Hey NJ," Kim and Sana entered the kitchen, Sana greeting me. "Hey guys," I greeted back. "Okay, you're smiling really broadly. Something happened?" Kim assumed, Sana nodding her head. "That's for me to know, and for you to fuck off about," I replied, chuckling as they groaned. "NJ? You okay?" Sana asked, indicating me limping. "Yeah, I think I will be," I replied as I finished the bottle of water and chucked it into the trash, entering my room and flopping onto my bed. I felt my eyes drooping and allowed the tiredness to take over my body.
I woke up, memories of just now flooding into my brain. Just then, my phone vibrated and I checked to see the time. 9pm. "Rah," I muttered under my breath to myself as I realised how long I was asleep for. I checked to see that it was a message from Simon.
From Si:D
Hey, there's a party happening next Friday, inviting you and the girls over:) xx
To Si:D
Daammnnn, how many parties do y'all do, huh?;) Anyways, I'll check with them xx
From Si:D
Ok:) Just curious to know, have you talked to Rachel?x
To Si:D
No, but I think I will now, wish me luck:) x
From Si:D
Good luck:)
I locked my phone and went to wash my face. I decided to talk to Rachel, so I walked towards her room. My lower body felt a bit more better but was still in discomfort. I could feel my heartbeat pacen as I got closer and closer to her door. I took a deep breath and knocked. "Come in," she quietly said and I creaked open the door. "Hey Rach," I greeted and she hummed. "Look Rachel, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for the way I acted at the party. I really am. I just want things between us to be okay," I said and I sat on her bed. She was on her desktop, sitting at her gaming chair. She sighed and turned around to face me. "Look NJ, you have nothing to be sorry for. It was my fault. I shouldn't have lied so I'm sorry for ruining the night," she apologised. "So, we good?" I ensured and she nodded. "Just wanna know...why did you, um, lie?" I asked, unsure if this was alright. "I, um, I-" she said but stopped herself, taking a huge breath. "NJ...can I...trust you?" She asked and I nodded. "I...I think I still like JJ," she blurted out and my eyes widened. "Oh...wow," was all I was able to say. "And you thought that I was getting too close to him and that's why you lied, to ruin our...relationship," I said out unexpectedly and it was now her turn for her eyes to widen. "Wait, so you could tell?" She asked and I shook my head. "No, I only just assumed of it now," I said truthfully. "Look NJ, I really am sorry. I feel super bad about this and I really regret it. I plan on apologising to JJ and the boys as well, for ruining their night. I'm so-" but I cut her off with a hug. She was slightly taken aback but hugged me back. "It's okay Rach, I forgive you. But I think you should apologise to the guys tomorrow," I smiled and she nodded. "Goodnight Rach," I bid, she doing the same. I was feeling hungry so I decided to order some pizza. Everybody else had probably already eaten so I only ordered for myself. I prepared myself an ice blended coffee, and finished making it just when the pizza arrived. I opened the door to see JJ holding a box of pizza, a smug look on his face. "Jide? Wait, what about the-" I tried finishing but he pressed his lips against mine, shutting me up. "I paid him and gave him a tip as well," he said. "And lemme guess, you're gonna try and give me your tip tonight?" I joked, winking. We both shared a laugh. "NJ, are you okay?" He asked as we entered the house, me limping though. "Well, let's just say my first time left a mark," I said and JJ blushed. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, I mean, I did enjoy my first," I smirked after pulling him in for a kiss. "JJ, um, place the box on the table and follow me real quick," I said and he confusedly did as he was told. I brought him to Rachel's room, knocking on the door and getting her permission to enter the room. "Rach, I think you have something to tell JJ," I said and JJ looked at me shocked. "Just...talk, okay? I'll be right outside if y'all need me," I reassured and shut the door, leaving them in stunned silence.
[JJ's POV]
Rachel took a deep breath and patted the spot next to her on the bed. My eyebrows knitted in confusion as I did so. "Look JJ, I just wanna tell you, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied to you, I feel really bad for ruining your whole night and party mood. I hope you can...forgive me," she apologised. I sighed and replied to her. "Look Rachel, I have nothing against you, I just don't know why you would lie to NJ, you know? Trying to ruin our friendship..." I trailed off, hoping she would get my hint that I really wanted to know why she lied. "Yeah, I, uh, have to explain that as well...see JJ...I...I...I still like you!" She blurted out. My eyes widen as I processed this through my head. "Look Rach-" I tried saying but next thing I knew, her lips were on mine. I did not kiss back though, instead I gently pushed her back. "Look Rachel, I'm sorry but I don't feel the...the same about you," I quietly said. "O-oh, I, uh, see..." she said awkwardly. "I think we're best as friends, I really do," I said truthfully. "It's NJ, isn't it?" She sighed. "What? No! I just, don't feel the same about you! I'm single, free, no crushes or anything," I said. She seemed a bit shocked when I said that. "So, we friends?" I asked, crossing my fingers that it would be a 'yes'. "Yeah," she nodded and I sighed. "Okay, I gotta get going, bye," I bid quickly, her doing the same and I shut the door behind me. NJ smiled at me as she saw that I was fine.