Chapter 5

[JJ's POV]
The party was in full swing and people were already drunk. I was anxiously waiting for NJ, sitting at the Island. "Hey man," Simon said as he entered the kitchen. "Hey, you not drinking?" I asked. "I only drank a bit," he replied and I hummed in response. "Waiting for a certain someone?" Simon smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully. "I just don't unders-" I was saying when the doorbell cut my sentence. I jumped from my seat and rushed for the door, Simon laughing at my quickness. I opened the door to see NJ and a bunch of other girls behind her. "Hey!" I greeted and hugged NJ. But NJ seemed really out of it and pissed. I greeted the other girls as well and Rachel was the last. "Um, hey," I greeted awkwardly. "Look JJ, I know you are sorry about what you did. I'm seriously okay. But just give me some time, okay?" She said and I nodded. I shut the door behind me and NJ came up to me. "JJ, we need to talk," she said through gritted teeth, pulling me up the stairs to my room. She shut the door behind her and turned to look at me. "JJ, how could you do that to Rachel!? She's a sweet girl and you ruined her! What the fuck, JJ!?" NJ yelled at me, catching me off guard. "Look NJ, I really regret what I did. Truly! But I can't change the past and I tried apologising to her yesterday. She just-" I was about to finish when NJ cut me off. "What you did is still fucked up! She still feels hurt, really fucking hurt JJ! How do you fix that, huh?" She yelled again. "NJ, when she walked through that door, she said to me that she just needs time to forgive me. She told me that she is okay and she just...needs time. If you don't believe me, just ask her, okay?" I finished. She huffed and left the room, leaving me there baffled. "Holy shit," I muttered under my breath as I went back downstairs.
[NJ's POV]
I rushed down the stairs and immediately spotted Rachel, downing a drink. "Oh no," I muttered as I went up to her. "Rach, did you tell JJ that you are okay and that you just needed time to forgive him?" I asked straightforwardly. "What? No! He tried apologising but I told him to- to fuck off," she said. I scoffed and looked to find JJ. "Hey NJ!" Simon greeted me. "Hey Si, not right now, sorry," I quickly said as I moved past him, looking for JJ. "Sheesh," I heard him say but I ignored it. I found JJ and went up to him. "She said she told you to fuck off," I told JJ and his eyebrows knitted in confusion. "What? Bu- but that's not true! I swear NJ! She said she- she needed time to forgive me!" JJ stuttered, anger rising in his eyes.
[JJ's POV]
"That lying slut," I mumbled as I looked through the crowd for Rachel. I found her and confronted her. "What the fuck, Rachel! Why're you lying to NJ for? Are you trying to ruin our friendship!?" I shouted at her over the loud music. Nobody seems to be caring about anything. "Fuck you, that's why!" She shouted back. "I'm apologising for a fucked up mistake I did, Rach! I'm trying to make up for the shit I did!" I said and she blew a raspberry at me drunkedly, walking away. "I cba," I mumbled and jogged up the stairs to my room. I flopped onto my bed and sighed. "I fucked up...bad. You're so fucking stupid JJ!" I shouted at myself, groaning. I closed my eyes and felt fat tears roll down my cheeks. "Quit being such a cry baby," I muttered to myself as I wiped the tears away roughly. I fell asleep tired of all of the shit that happened that night.
[Rachel's POV]
I smiled at my accomplishment as I walked away from JJ, pouring myself another drink. "Rach, tell me the truth," I heard NJ say from behind me, making me jump. "Jesus Christ NJ, you scared me!" I said and laughed. "Rach, I'm being serious. Are you lying?" She asked again, seriousness in her eyes. I sighed and nodded. "So JJ was telling the truth?" She asked , anger now lacing her voice. "Look NJ, I only did this to-" I tried saying but NJ cut me off. "Just...just leave me alone Rachel, okay?" She said and left. I sighed again and downed my drink.
[NJ's POV]
I jogged up the stairs to JJ's room, feeling tears at my eyes. I knocked on JJ's door lightly, creaking it open slightly. I sighed quietly as I saw JJ asleep, with tear stained cheeks. I quietly shut the door behind me as I quietly sat on his gaming chair. I let the tears pour down my cheeks as I leaned my head back on the chair. "I fucked up...bad. Shit me man," I muttered under my breath to myself as more fat tears rolled down my cheeks. "Quit being such a little bitch, Eshani," I mumbled as I wiped the tears away roughly. "Eshani? That's your name?" I heard JJ's voie quietly ask in the dark, making me jump. He laughed at my reaction and I soon joined in. "Yes, that is my name. But NJ is my surname and it's easier for people to pronounce," I said quietly. "How the fuck do you spell it?" He asked and I laughed. "E S H A N I," I said and he hummed. "It's a unique name," he said and I hummed. "Like yours," I replied and I saw him smile. I got up from the chair and went over to JJ's bed, sitting on the edge. I saw JJ still lying down, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. "Look JJ, I'm sorry. I genuinely am. I shouldn't have assumed shit wrongly like that," I apologised. "Nah, it's okay. I can understand why. Rachel is a good person and I broke her. I deserve this, honestly," he said. I moved closer to JJ and said, "JJ, everybody makes mistakes. But we must all learn to forgive and forget. This was so long ago and Rach should be fine. And it was fucked up of her to lie," I said and JJ chuckled, nodding. "Now, would you like to join me downstairs and get absolutely smashed?" I asked, extending my hand for JJ to take. "Fuck yes," he said and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up and we both went downstairs.
[Third person POV]
For the rest of the night, JJ and NJ avoided Rachel and partied hard. They forgot all their worries and drank on, having the night of their lives. They danced and enjoyed each other's company.
[NJ's POV]
I busted some of my pop and lock moves, to which everyone hollered at. "No wonder you won those trophies!" JJ exclaimed and I gasped. "You saw them, didn't you? When you came to my house to drop me off?" I slurred and he nodded.

I'm honestly so sorry Rachel for making you the bad guy but it's for only a while of the story. You'll become a good character for sure:) Love you really, dickhead;b