Day 2: 1st Operation

I woke up the next day with my rifle next to me. I throw the rifle to the wall. It reminds me when I got my 1st mission. Flashback aside, I get myself ready and wear my uniform before I head out. As I open the door, Miku was standing outside of my room.

"Morning Colonel. Need anything from me.??" I ask.

"I just want to say sorry about yesterday. I was so mad at you that I didn't realize how you would feel." said Miku.

"Apologies accepted." I reply.

Miku just smile before taking a step back allowing me to lock my door.

"Where's your gun.??" Miku ask.

"Do I need to bring it.??" I ask.

"We got an operation today. So you need to bring your weapon along." Miku reply.

I unlock my door back and went inside to get my rifle.

-Several Minutes Later-

Both me and Miku walk along the waters and arrive at the briefing hangar. All of the members already waiting for us (especially Miku) in the hangar.

"Aufmerksamkeit.!!" Miku shout.

All of them stand up. I take my place next to Layla while Miku take her place in front of us.

"As you guys know today, we're going to be involve in an operation to help Germany main force to rearms the Rhineland." said Miku.

"Colonel, Why do we have to be involve in the operation.??" Lily ask.

"This operation will caused significant blow to the Treaty of Versailles. With this, The allied force of WW1 will try everything to stop this." Miku reply.

"For it to be success, Squad 39 must take part and do everything to make sure that this operation will not be a failure. Am I right, Colonel.??" I state.

"Exactly. This operations is the beginning for Germany military force. So we can't afford any mistakes and defeat." said Miku.

"What are we waiting for. Lets go." said IA.

All of us left the base on a jeep with Layla as the driver.

-Several Minutes Later-

"Hey Layla, do you actually know where are we headed to..??" Miku ask.

Layla just nod and Miku looks very worried. Very VERY worried. She must be worried for us to get lost and didn't arrive at the meeting place.

"Hey Layla. Are you from around here.??" I ask.

Miku's face change after hearing my questions. A nod from Layla indicates that it is a yes.

"So you're from around here. That means you know where all the roads leading to." I said.

Layla just nod. Miku feel relive after she knows that Layla actually know where she was heading. Several minutes later, we all arrive at the meeting point which is at the city of Cologne. All of the soldiers that involve didn't get their eyes off us. Layla park the jeep next to a medical truck and everyone of us get out from it.

"I was wondering where all of you might have been." said one of the soldiers who is approaching us.

"Commander Ahren. Sorry if we're late." said Miku.

"Das ist in Ordung. At least all of you arrive here safely." said Commander Ahren.

"That's because we have a really good driver." Miku reply while pointing at Layla.

Layla just reply with a thumbs up. Me on the other hand decided to unload their stuff from the jeep.

"So, Colonel. Who is he. A new guy of yours.??" Commander Ahren ask.

"He is new alright. But when it comes to guns and killing, he's number 1" Miku reply.

I come over and stop next to Miku before hitting her on the back of her head.

"Whoa, you got guts hitting your Colonel like that. Who are you, young man.??" Commander Ahren ask.

"I'm (F/N) von (L/N), Commander." I reply with a salute.

"(F/N). Don't tell me you're the great assassin that put London in fear." said Commander Ahren with a surprise expression.

"I'm here for my mission and not killing my allies, Commander." I said.

"G-Glad to hear it." said Commander Ahren looking a bit afraid.

"Are you afraid of me, Commander.??" I ask.

"A little bit. Anyway, please follow me to your tent." said Commander Ahren as he lead the way to our tent.

As I begin to pick up my rifle, Miku give me hers indicating that she want me to carry her stuff. I made an annoyed expression before carrying her things. Several minutes later, we arrive at or tent.

"we'll leave in several hours so take the time to rest and maybe configure your weapons a bit." said Commander Ahren before leaving us at our tent.

I put down all the things that I carry in our tent.

"So, Colonel. What to do now.??" IA ask.

"Just like that man said. Let's get some rest while we can before we move out." Miku reply.

"Yes Ma'am." said all of us with a salute.

All of us use the time that have been given and do our own things. Me on the other hand was inspecting my weapon in order for it to work properly when I need it.

"Can you inspect mine as well." said Miku with a smile while walking slowly towards me.

"Sure. While I'm at it, why don't I inspect your sidearms as well." I reply.

Miku handed me her machine-gun and her handguns. Her machine-gun is the standard MG-42 and her handguns is 2 M1911

"2 1911 and an MG42 huh. I don't know who's the real gun maniac over here." I said.

"It just to make sure that I've come out from the battle with enough bullet to give to the enemy. Always be ready for what will happen." said Miku.

"Yup. You're right." I reply while revealing my 2nd handgun."

It was a (G/C) M1991 which is already been illegally customized just for killing my target.

"That ain't the M1911 that you've pick in the hangar."

"That one is this M1911 over here. This one is (G/N). It was the gun that I used back then, and it's also my 1st gun." I state.

"How do you able to get it. Isn't that gun have been taken away by the police.??" Miku ask.

"I bust it out right before they let me out from the prison." I reply.

"Anyway... let just continue inspecting our gun before we head out."

"Yes Ma'am." I reply.

(A/N): You'll probably wondering, what the heck is (G/C) and (G/N)... please refer back to the writer's note... "It's actually (Gun/Color) and also (Gun/Name)"...