Day 6: Sabotage

"Miku watch out." I said as I throw myself and push Miku away from the door.

I managed to grab her and rolled way from her door with her in my arms.

"(F/N), what are you-" said Miku as but stop after she heard a sound.

The sound was a short beep. After that, A huge explosion. Both bomb explode and leaving Miku's room with full of fire inside.

"Are you alright.?" I ask.

"M-M-MY ROOM." Miku shout as she throw me away and start to rush to her room.

"Miku stop." I said as I manage to grab her from the back.

"So tell me. Who's behind all of this.?" Miku ask.

"I still don't know about it." I reply.

"Say, is this the same trap that was on your door.?" Miku ask again.

"Yes it was. Sorry that I hid it away from you." I reply.

"So when you mention Layla's name, is she the one behind all of this.? " Miku ask again.

"I'm not sure. But her room wasn't rigged to blow up just like us." I reply.

"Is that so." said Miku as begin to calm down.

"So, what are you gonna do now.?" I ask.

"How bout we ask Layla a few question first." Miku reply.

"And my answer is that I'm not the one behind all of this." said a female voice.

It was Layla who was just out from the bathroom with her towel wrapping her body. I close my eyes with both of my hand.

"How are you gonna justify that.?" Miku ask.

"My room was rigged as well but I manage to remove the trap before I went in. If you still not believe me, I still have the bomb on my bed." said Layla.

"Well then. Why don't you show us." said Miku.

"Well then. Please follow me." said Layla before leading the two of us to her room.

Several minutes later, all three of us arrive at Layla's room and went inside. Just like Layla said, both bomb are still on her bed.

"I disarm it earlier when I found out that there's a piano sting that have been attach at the level of my throat." said Layla.

"What piano string.?" Miku ask.

"Ouh yeah, Miku doesn't have any piano string on her door." I said .

"Do you have it to, (F/N).?" Miku ask.

"Yes I do." I reply.

"Wait, don't we share our room, Miku.?" I ask.

"Well, I though I might be a nuisance to you so I decide to get a room myself. Good thing I still have my things inside your room." Miku reply.

"I see. That's why there's only two room that have the piano string attach." I said.

"It might be three room actually. Remember that both IA and Lily share a room.?" said Layla.

"Where the rest of them, Miku.?" I ask.

"All of them still training some soldiers." Miku reply.

"I'll go to their room to check if it rigged or not. Miku and Layla, I want you to split up and search the other rooms in this building." I said.

"Verstanden." Miku reply with Layla just give a nod before the two of them head out.

I head straight to IA and Lily's room. As soon as I arrive at the front of their door, I pick the locked door with a folding knife that I always carry around in my pocket. I open up the door and found out that the room was rigged as well. As I was disarming the trap, another explosion occur.

"Miku, Layla. Are you both ok.?" I shout.

"I'm alright and so is Layla." Miku shouted back.

"Where is the explosion come from.?" I shout again.

"Not in this building, probably from the other building." Layla shouted back.

I quickly disarm the bomb and rush outside after doing so. As soon as I arrive outside the building, I can clearly see that the sky is filled with grey smoke coming from a building not that far away from our building.

"Colonel." a soldier shout as run towards me.

"Status report." I said.

"The main building have been blown up. It's said that the explosion come from inside the building from one of the room." said the soldier.

"(F/N), we're done disarming all the bombs inside the building." said Miku.

"Good. now let's go and help the others at the main building." I said

Both Miku and Layla just nod.

"Lead the way soldier." I said.

"Jawohl." the soldier reply before leading me and the girls towards the main building.

-several minutes later-

All of us arrive at the main building and was surprised by what we see. The building was completely engulfed in flames.Some of the soldiers are helping the wounded one while some of them was carrying those who did not survive. Suddenly, an idea pop up in my mind.

"Miku. Layla. I need the two of you to search other building and evacuate anyone in the surrounding area." I state.

"Jawohl." said Miku while Layla just nod before splitting up.

"Attention please. I need some of you soldiers to help .Colonel Miku and Sargent Layla." I shout.

"Jawohl." said some of them.

"Verstanden." said some more of them.

The soldiers who wasn't occupied rush towards Miku and Layla while some of them continue to help those who are not very lucky.

"Colonel." said a man

I turn around and find an unknown man standing behind me. Like the others, he wear a military uniform and I thought he's just a normal soldier. But all of it change after I see his rank emblem on his uniform. 

"G-General. Is there anything you need.?" I ask.

"Can I meet you and you're whole squad after this.?" He ask me back.

"Sure, is there anything you need with all of us.?" I ask him back.

"Yes, there is. I need your squad to help me investigate what just happen here. Some of the higher ups put the blame on you based on your background. But I know you wouldn't do such thing. So I want you and Squad 39 to help me while at clearing your name at the same time." said the General.

"I'll gladly accept the task." I reply.