Day 4: Hunter Training

The distance between the Preparation hangar and the shooting range is not that far away but with the weapons that the two of us was carrying make the distance feel a lot farther than usual. Both of us decided to stop for a while.

"How much farther is the shooting range.??" Eurayla ask.

"Not that far." I reply.

While the two of us was sitting down, a figure of a girl approach us.

"Need a hand.??" the figure ask.

It was Layla in her alternate black uniform.

"Layla. Sure. can you carry some of the weapons.??" I ask her back.

Layla just nod before taking some of the weapons from the wheelbarrow. The two of us get back on our feet and continue our journey. All three of us arrive at the shooting range. All the girls was sitting down on the nearby bench but get back up as soon as they saw us arriving. 

"That's alright. You guys can rest for a bit while the three of us load all the weapons." I said.

"Um... Can we help out.??" one of them ask.

"Sure. It will be faster that way." Eurayla reply.

All 4 of the girls give a big smile before helping us out but all  of them doesn't know how to load a weapon since they never used one. Both Layla and Eurayla decide to teach them on how to prepare the firearms. I just look at them with a smile.

"I've never seen you smile that way before." said a voice of a girl

It was Miku who just stand behind me. All of the girl stand and give a salute to Miku. Miku reply with a salute as well.

"No need for the formalities, girls. Just continue what you girls are doing." said Miku.

"Ja Ma'am." all of them reply.

Miku just shook her head and begin to sit down next to me.

"Can I help.??" Miku ask.

"Sure." I reply.

"Thanks." said Miku.

"For what.??" I ask her back.

"For looking after them while I'm out, literally." Miku reply.

"Well. I do it since their squad is almost the same as my job." I said while load some of the guns.

"I was surprise when Hitler said that this new squad will be under my training for a while." said Miku.

"Why Hitler need this kind of squad to begin with.??" I ask.

"After Hitler heard about your story, He decides to creates a squad based on your job." Miku reply.

"But what he assembles is a squad of newbies who actually have the potential to excel in their purpose." I said while looking at them.

"Think you can handle them.??" Miku ask.

"Sure I can." I reply with a smile.

-Several Minutes Later-

"Good. Do it again. If you can hold your breath a little bit longer that's even better." I said.

"Jawohl." said all 5 them.

Layla also help me out by correcting their stance while Miku just observe from behind.

"When you get your aim steady, take the shot." I said.

All of them shoot simultaneously with their shot being more accurate than before. I look at Miku and she simply give a nod in return before standing up and starts to walk.

"Hold your fire." said Miku as she begin to enter the shooting range.

Miku then starts to pick all the targets up and replace it with a new one. As Miku was doing so, I saw Eurayla loading up her rifle.  As she begin to raise her rifle, I manage to to get close to her and put her rifle down.

"We need to talk after this." I whispered in her ear.

Eurayla just stand still in surprise when she heard what I've said. luckily for her, Miku and the others doesn't saw what happen. Miku get out from the shooting area and give a thumbs up.

"Continue firing. Layla and Miku will take care of you for a while." I said.

All of them just nod.

"Eurayla. You're coming with me." I said.

Eurayla just follow me back to the command building silently. Both of us went into the lounge.

"Take a seat." I said.

Eurayla just do what I say while her head are down to the earth.

"Care to tell me what you about to do back there.??" I ask.

Eurayla just stay silent and won't tell me anything.

"If I was right, this is not the 1st time we meet, right.??" I ask her back.

Eurayla look at me with surprise.

"Sorry but, I did some research about you. And I found out that, you were from the orphanage." I said as I stand up and take a book from the shelves.

"How did you know.??" Eurayla ask.

"Like I said. I did some research." I reply as I put down the open book on the table.

The page that was shown is an information about someone.

EURAYLA was the words written on top of the page.

"I believe that this information was completely given by Miku to the higher up. In other words, It's completely fake." I state while looking at the page.

"Yes. It is fake." Eurayla reply.

A sudden knock on the door snap us back.

"(F/N), can we talk for a while.??" Miku ask on the other side of the door.

"We'll talk about it later." I said towards Eurayla.

Eurayla just simply nod before leaving the room.

"What were you talking about.??" Miku ask.

"I just need more information about her squad. That's why I talk to her." I reply as I put back the book.

"Follow me to the pier." said Miku before she starts to walk away.

I follow her from behind with a ton of questions in my head. Both of us arrive at the pier. Miku begin to sit on the edge with me doing the same thing.

"So what are you gonna talk about.??" I ask.

Miku doesn't reply to my question and was staring at the night sky. I try to ask her one more time but don't have the will to do so. In the end, I did the same thing that Miku did and looks at the moon while many things running around in my head.