Day 6: Versus

"Both shooters ready.??" Miku ask.

Both me and Layla begin to aim down sight.

"Begin." Miku shout.

Both of us begin to shoot our gun with careful aim. Layla have to take some time to reload since she's using her father revolver. I have the advantage on the rate of fire since I use one of my 1911. Both of us take our time to aim at the same spot that we shot earlier. Silence surrounded the shooting range as all the spectators watch the two of us in awe.

-Several Minutes Later-

Both of us still continue shooting . The surrounding is still silent and getting tense. I don't know how much bullet have been shot by the both of us. Layla shoot less than me since her Revolver have even more penetration than my 1911.

"Just give up, Layla." I said as I reload my gun.

Layla just stay silent and continue to shot her gun. I notice that I almost ran out of ammo. Shot by shot, the only sound that I can hear is the sound of my 1911 and Layla's revolver which is a lot louder than my handgun. Her Remington Model 1858 just manage to penetrate the second target while I'm still halfway through the second one. After several bullet was fired, Layla suddenly miss her shot. It was a few inches away from the original target. Both me and Layla was shocked when it occurs. 

"Match over. Winner (F/N)." Miku shout.

The crowds gone wild after the announcement was made. It totally shock me and Layla is the one who was shocked the most. Layla put her gun back on the table and begin to approach me. She stops a few steps in front of me and hold her hand out for a handshake. I also give my hand out but it was suddenly been pulled by Layla, making the two of us hug each other. The crowds gone wild after seeing the two of us but Miku, Ghost and Rayla was surprised by it.

"I'll be waiting in my room later. Make sure that you come prepared." Layla whispered into my ear before letting me go and walk away.

I was stunned by her message. Miku begin to knock me on the head with her baton several times.

"Oi, Champion. Are you still alive.??" Miku ask as she keeps knocking me on the head.

"That hurts, Bitch." I said.

"Ouh. I thought you're already dead." said Miku as she gave me a last knock.

I start to gaze around and find out that the crowd are spread out and get back to what they were doing. 

"So, what are we going to do now.??" IA ask.

"I have something to attend." said Rayla.

"Don't try to run away. We still don't hear what he wants." said Miku as she grab Rayla's collar from behind.

"So,(F/N). Since your the winner, just tell us what you want. Lily ask.

"I'll keep it in mind. Right now I have something to attend as well." I said as I start to walk away.

-Several Minutes Later-

I just realize that the distance between our dorm and the training site is quite far, and it's a lot worse when I found out that the canteen is even farther away. It took several minutes for me to reach our dorm and Layla's word keeps playing like a tape inside my head as I walk into our dorm.

"I'm back." I shouted.

A total silence is what I get. I continue my journey upstairs but stop as soon as I arrive in front of Layla's room.

"I wonder if she's inside." 

I found out that the door is not locked after I try to push it a bit. I decide to open the door completely. The room completely empty.

"I wonder where she is." 

I head back outside and straight to my room on another floor. I open my door but stop after I take a single step. I can feel something weird pushing against my throat and on my feet as well. It was a piano sting on my throat and the one on the feet was a string. I take a step back and cut the piano string. I bend down to cut the one on my feet but stop as soon I found out where the sting end. It was connected to a makeshift bomb at both end. 

"Don't tell me that Layla did all of this."

"Layla did what." said a female voice from my back.

The voice caught me in surprise. It surprises me even more when I turn around and found out that Miku is the owner of the voice.

"Miku. What are you doing here.?" I ask.

"What am I doing here. I'm here to check both of you out." said Miku.

"Is that so." I reply with an awkward smile.

"By the way, what are you doing outside your room. Aren't you going in.?" Miku ask.

"I am. But... um... I kindda forget about something." I reply.

"Forget about what.?' Miku ask again.

"I forget that i put a trap over here and almost get myself caught in it." I reply, trying to avoid any suspicions.

"Next time, don't be careless about it." said Miku.

"Of course I won't." I said.

"So, where's Layla.?" Miku ask again.

"I don't know. Her room was not locked but there's no one inside." I reply.

"Weird. have you checked the bathroom.?" Miku ask.

"The woman's bathroom. Of course not. I can't go inside there." I reply.

"Ouh yeah. I'll go check it out." said Miku before leaving me alone.

Somehow I manage to bluff Miku about the trap that was laid out on my door. I walked over the trap and take off the bomb, carefully for it not to explode.

"I wonder who's behind all of this. I couldn't be Layla. Or it could be. Wait, what about the other rooms." 

I slam the door and run out towards Miku's room. As soon as I arrive at the third floor, I found out that Miku almost got into her room.

"Miku watch out." I said as I throw myself and push Miku away from the door.