Day 4: Back At The Base

All of us arrive back at our base safe and sound. At least that what the driver is saying. Layla's driving put us at the edge of our seats. Even her twin sister, Rayla, who was sitting next to her passed out. 

"Please use the road the next time your driving." said Miku who's walking towards the door of the building like a drunk person.

Layla just give a bright smile in return after hearing what Miku said.

I ran over to Miku to help her out since she looks like she can go down any time soon. Miku give me the keys, telling me to open the door.

"Excuse us, Coming through." said IA who was carrying Rayla together with Lily as soon as the door are open.

Miku on the other hand accidentally hit the wall and almost fall on her back. I manage to catch her just before she completely hit the ground.

"Hey Layla, could you carry her inside.??" I ask.

Layla make a confused look in return.

"It's your fault that she's like this." I reply.

Layla give up and carry Miku into her room.

I lock the door back and head straight to my room. I put my thing at the corner of my room where it suppose to be and then lay down on my bed. I was thinking of going to take a nap for a while, but the knocking on my door made me change my mind.

"Come in." I shout.

The door swing open slowly and revealing the person who's been knocking on it. 

"Oh, IA. What can I help you with.??" I ask.

"I was thinking if me, you and Lily could get some training. If you're not busy that is." Said IA.

"Sure, why not." I reply while picking up my weapons.

-Several Minutes Later-

All three of us reach the shooting range at our base. As soon as we arrive, we realize that we're not the only one there. Layla was sitting on one of the benches inspecting her sniper rifle.

"Hey there Layla." IA greeted as the three of us coming closer towards Layla.

Layla just smile and continue inspecting her rifle.Me and Lily head over to one of the shooting booth while IA find another bench to sit down. I put my weapons on the table and Lily does the same thing.

"Nice guns you got there, (F/N)." said Lily.

"That gun, isn't the one from the military, Am I right.??" IA ask.

"Ouh, You mean this gun. Yeah. It's not the one from the military." I reply.

"And where did you get it, (F/N).??" Lily ask.

"I get it from the person that hire me in the first place." I reply while looking at the gun.

"Can we have a look at it.??" IA ask as she begin to stand up and walks towards Lily.

I give Lily my gun. Both of them starts inspecting the gun, trying not to miss a single detail.

"Is it just me or this gun looks like it have been illegally modified.??" Lily ask.

"Yup. It's already modified to suit my style." I reply.

"Of Killing people.??" Layla suddenly ask.

I lowered my head to the ground after hearing what Layla said.

"I like that. Because right now you're killing people just to protect us. I'm grateful of that fact." said Layla as she begin to approach IA and Lily.

"She's right." said IA.

"An Eye for An Eye." said Lily.

All three of them smile at me.

"LAYLA..!!!" Rayla shouted while running towards us.

Layla vanished in a split second after hearing her sister shouting her name.

"She's angry about Layla's driving I guess." I said.

"Where's Layla.??" Rayla ask as she arrive and catching her breath.

"Don't know." IA reply.

"She was here a while ago, but gone after she heard your scream." said Lily.

Rayla then runs back to the command building, leaving us standing there in silence.

"Why don't we continue with our training.??" IA ask.

"Y-Y-Yeah." Lily reply.

Both of them pick their weapons back up and return to shooting position. I pick up my rifle that I left at the bench nearby. I realize that Layla have left her guns behind. Among her weapons was the revolver that I gave back. Her sniper rifle was a modified Mosin Nagant M91 with detachable sniper scope and come stock with an iron sight for a close range shooting. Or so I thought.

"Did you know why we choose Layla as a sniper in the beginning.??" Lily ask.

"No I don't." I reply.

"Layla manage to take down a target far away without using the sniper scope." said Miku who's just arrive, walking like a drunk girl.

"Colonel." said IA as she rushed over towards Miku and manage to catch her.

"How far.??"I ask.

"250m right in the middle using the iron sight." Miku reply.

"How you can confirm that.??" I ask again.

"I see it with my own eyes." Miku reply while being placed down on a bench by IA.

"Why are you so concern about it, (F/N).??" Lily ask.

I stay quite for a while after hearing her question.

"His farthest kills was 500m straight to the head using that handgun over there" said Miku while pointing at my custom M1911.

"Is it true, (F/N).??" IA ask.

"Yeah. My target was an assassin as well. Fight fire with Fire is the plan given. As an assassin we both know that distance matter. I was 500m away from him in his blindspot. Lucky me, he got a wrong intel about my position." I state.

Both of them was amazed while Miku on the other hand are trying her best not to show it. I look around and find an unusual sight. It was Rayla dragging her sister with a happy face.

"Miku, looks who I've found." Rayla shouted as the distance close between us.

"Ah. Gut gemacht, Rayla. Time for your punishment, Layla." said Miku.

Rayla smile when she arrive at our place while Layla make a face begging for mercy while looking at me. I shook my head, telling her it's not gonna end well for her.

"Well. Let's get back to the HQ building and tied her up while thinking of a way to punish her." said Miku.

I look at Layla one more time. This time, she looks like she's about to burst into tears. I just shake my head again, pick up my weapons and follow the rest of the squad to the HQ building.