Chapter 13

Juliet's POV

"Jason!" I scream, laying on our plush king bed eating strawberries and nutella. I immediately hear rapid footsteps running up the stairs. The door slams open and Jason looks frantic. "Yes, Princess?" He asks in a hopeful tone when he sees everything is alright. "I need more strawberries." I blankly say, holding up my empty bowl. His face drops as if he was thinking I wanted to cuddle or something in that nature. Ha! Not in a long time, buddy boy. Just because I didn't let my parents take our mate bond away doesn't mean you get to kiss and hug me like everything is all butterflies and rainbows.

"Okay, little one. Anything else?" He asks, hoping I would change my mind. "Nope." I say, looking at my nails. I hear a quiet sigh and the door shut. I sigh in response and start changing the channels. My bruises are almost gone and I only have one more week until my casts can come off but the mental pain was still there. No one can come in 10 feet of me without me tensing and internally freaking out. If you sneak up on me, startle, or touch me, I immediately start screaming and run away to Carter. Carter was the only one who could touch me, because, in my mind, he saved me. He came in and got Jason off of me.

A few minutes later, Jason comes running in with my strawberries. "Here you go, Princess. Washed, cut, and ready to go." He hands me the bowl, trying his hardest to brush our hands to feel the pleasure filled toe curling tingle that shoots through us when we touch but I jerk back before they can. "Thanks...Hey can you send up Carter?" I ask, dunking a strawberry in the delicious hazelnut spread. A silent growl emerges from Jason's chest but I ignore it and the feeling of fear it gives me. "Sure." He says between clenched teeth. I smile bitchily back at him as he huffs and stomps out.

A few minutes later, Carter come walking into the room, his famous smirk plastered across his face. Jason must have let him in since the key pad only lets the two of us in. "Your best friend is here and at your service, Princess." He grins, bowing. He jumps on the bed and pulls me into his chest. "You really are kicking his ass...Highfive!" He chuckles, holding up his hand and I 'highfive' him back giggling. "S-strawberry?" I ask, holding up one. He opens his mouth and I feed it too him. He tries to eat it seductively but we both end up rolling around in laughter when Nutella gets all over his lips.

"Don't laugh at me." He whines but I keep on. Suddenly a giant smirk forms on his face and my laughter slowly fades. "W-what?" A few giggles escape. "I think you need to be punished..by the TICKLE MONSTER!" He yells, before straddling me and attacking my sides with his fingers. I scream out in laughter and try to squirm out from under him. "S-stop Car!" I squeal as he starts blowing raspberries in my neck. My best friend knows my weakness.

After a few minutes of pure torture, I'm finally able to flip us over. "Bad, Carter-Sauce." I weakly punch his chest as he chuckles at the nickname. "C-Cuddle?" I ask innocently. I haven't cuddled with anyone in a few weeks and it makes me sad. He nods sympathetically. I say straddling him, but I bury my face in his neck and hands in his long jet black hair. He purrs in contentment since he loves having his hair played with.

"I miss my Jay Jay..." I whimper and he sighs, burying his hands under my shirt and tickling my back. "I know you do, sweetheart, but he needs to be taught a lesson." He says, tracing random patterns on my back. "I know...You smell good." I say randomly and he chuckles. "Thank you, Princess." I smile and kiss his neck in reply. We are like brother and sister so it's not weird. "You're my best friend. Carter. I love you." I sigh. He smiles against my hair. "I love you too, my miniature best friend." He chuckles. I lightly punch his chest. "Hey, no size jokes." I giggle as he laughs loudly.

What I didn't know was Jason was standing outside the door the whole time with tears pouring down his face, thinking he had officially lost his little precious mate to her best friend.