Chapter 59

WARNING: GET YOUR TISSUES READY

Juliet's POV

I gasp for breath as the doctors run in and out of the room. I scream and grit my teeth in pain as my entire body feels like it's been through an explosion.

We had been here for about an hour and everything was going fine, the only problem was that Jason wasn't here, when suddenly I felt like I burst into flames. My heart was pounding in my ears and everyone was muffled as they became a blur to my eyes.

"Get him out" I whisper hoarsely as I feel the pain double from another contraction. Something felt different about this one though.

No one acknowledges my words as they continue to check my vitals, which seemed to be going up and down for some reason.

"G-get him out! P-please..he's coming." I whisper a little more loudly; my voice not being able to reach any higher. Again, no one acknowledges my pleading.

"She's most likely not going to make it through the birth. She's too weak from something other than the labor. We can't figure it out but you might as well start saying your goodbyes." I overhear a doctor say to my parents.

I hear my mommy wail in despair as my daddy weeps and screams at them to "fix his little girl".

Their words sent my body into a panic. I could hear my heartbeat increasing frantically in my ears and on the heart monitor.

My breath hitched in my throat as I closed my eyes, clutching my stomach in pain. Something inside told me to start pushing, so I did; my motherly instincts kicking in.

"Fuck!" I screeched, wanting everything to just go away.

"Oh my god, she's already pushing!" I faintly hear one of the nurses screaming as I focus on getting Jason and I's precious son out of my body.

"How is he already crowning?!" the same one yells as she tries to help me.

'Well I've been trying to tell you for ten minutes, you idiot.' I growl in my head.

As I continue pushing, the only thing running through my head was Jason and our baby.

Where was Jason? I know he wasn't okay, considering the unbelievable amount of agony that had suddenly hit me.

I feel relief from all the pressure in a instant and a nurse saying "he's out and okay" before my body finally relaxes and gives out; my eyes fluttering shut and peace settling in as I knew our son was in good hands.

The last thing I hear is my daddy and mommy screeching and wailing bloody murder as chaos ensues.

* * * *

Jason's POV

"Boss! Boss, wake up!" I hear a voice call frantically. It startles me awake and I come face to face with Carter.

"Oh thank God! We thought you were a goner when that piece of debris hit you when we pulled you out before the explosion. We actually did lose you a few times. How are you feeling, man? You've been out for a few days." he speaks but I hear nothing as my entire being goes into panic.

Juliet! Was she okay? Had she already given birth? Had I missed everything?

"J-Juliet!" I yelp, trying to sit up, but I'm pushed back down.

"I know. We are about a fifteen minute drive from the hospital. Calm down and don't stress yourself any more than it already is." Carter says. I nod but I can't get rid of this empty hollow feeling in my chest as it, along with everything else in my body, throbs in pain.

Something was wrong. Terribly wrong and I didn't know if I was strong enough to take it.

My mind runs a mile a minute as I block everything around me, numbly limping to the car and getting in the passengers seat. Carter follows and starts the car, quickly speeding out of the driveway of our hideaway house.

The drive was silent and slow as hell; my eyes brimming with tears the whole time. I missed everything.

When we arrive, I book it inside and to the front desk.

"U-uh J-Juliet Mc-.. Bieber and possibly Roman M-McCann please... P-please" I sniffle, wiping my nose with my sleeve; my voice slightly hysteric as I pull and tear at my hair roots with my other hand.

The lady takes in my appearance and her eyes widen slightly. Her fingers tap at the keys on the keyboard quickly.

She reads the screen and my heart drops a little when she stands, her eyes ridden with sympathy and her voice soft, as she tells me to follow her.

I scramble to follow and we slowly make our way down a long, dimly lit hallway.

"Stand here for a moment, sir." she says when we arrive at a door.

I nod frantically as she enters the room, my hands shaking with stress and anxiety.

My ears pick up on the tiniest and melodic of coos and whines and it sends my heart into overdrive.

She soon comes back with a small baby wrapped in a blue blanket and I almost break down into tears.

"Here is Roman, Mr. McCann." The lady nods respectfully as she hands me the lightweight bundle of joy.

I choke on a sob as I take him carefully in my arms, my arms shaking slightly.

His brilliant violet blue eyes flutter open and a beautiful smile overcomes his face when he locks gazes with mine. His button nose, identical to mine, scrunches cutely as he lets out a tiny sneeze, his soft hand gripping onto my finger tightly.

My body racks with violent sobs as I take in his little form. I clutch him tightly to me as I look over at the nurse through blurry tear filled eyes.

"J-Juliet?" I ask, getting my point across.

Her silent sigh and "I'm sorry" cause me to go into a mess of tears, wails, and heartwrenching sobs as I sink to the floor, clinging tightly onto the only physical thing keeping me alive at this point., Roman Alexander McCann.