Chapter 34

Juliet's POV

I mix the cake batter quickly before pouring it into the cake pan. I smile and wipe the flour off my hands after setting it to bake in the oven. Today is Jay Jay's 22nd birthday! He's a big boy now! Well.. he always been a big boy compared to me.

I peek out the window and see Jason laughing while playing basketball with a few of the gang members. I made him take today off to relax because he should be having fun on his birthday, not stressing over stupid mean buttheads. I smile and watch him in amazement. His muscles flexed every time he would shoot and make a basket. He was, must I say it, sexy as hell.

I must have lost track of time because the timer beeps loudly causing me to jump frightened. I giggle at my jumpiness and pull the cake out with an oven mitt. Waiting for a few minutes for it to cool, I begin to frost it. It was Jason's favorite cake, chocolate fudge cake with buttercream frosting. I then sign "Happy Birthday Jay Jay" across it in red icing.

I quickly place twenty-two unlit candles on the cake and start walking outside. I knew one of the boys would have a lighter. The boys continue to run around without noticing me. "Jay Jay, I made you your favorite birthday ca-" I start to say happily before someone and something cuts me off. "WATCH OUT!" is all I hear before a hard basketball flies at my head fast. It hits me hard and the cake flies out of my hands as I fall to the ground. My head smacks the edge of the concrete and a pained yelp comes out of my lips as my knee scrapes the concrete as well. The cake then splats all over my new pink dress.

After the stars disappear from my eyes and my head throbs in agony, I survey the situation. All of the boys were standing frozen in shock and the cake I worked so hard on was ruined on the ground. Gripping my head, I feel a warm substance coat my fingers. Pulling back, I see blood all over my hand. The shock then wears off and my lip starts to tremble before a loud sob breaks through my lips. Wails of embarrassment and pain flow out of me as I curl into a ball to hide myself. Everyone seems to snap out of it then. I hear tons of shouts and loud footsteps running for me.

"MOVE." I hear Jason bark before his warm arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his arms. I grip onto him tightly while sobbing loudly. "Shhh, babygirl. Shhh. Let me see your head." He says softly yet I could hear the slight panic in his voice. I knew he was feeling the pain as well. "I-I..c-cake t-then b-ball hit J-juliet. It h-hurt-ts r-real badly." I blubber as if he didn't just watch it happen.

"I know, babygirl, I know." He coos to hush me, pulling my hand away from my head before hissing. "Y-your-r cak-ke" I whimper, feeling guilty that I dropped it. "S-so s-stupid." I insult myself. Jason growls quietly. "Hey." He grips my chin softly to make me look at him. "Never call yourself stupid again. It was an accident, little one." He says kind of sternly. I nod feeling scolded, then pain in my head increasing. Jason notices then and softens. "Lets go fix your head then we will make a cake together, okay?" He smiles. I nod numbly, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly as he picks me up bridal style.

He carries me upstairs into the bathroom and sits me on the counter.

"Don't move, sweetheart. I'm going to get the first aid kit." He kisses my cheek and walks out. I swing my legs while gripping my pounding head. He soon walks back in with the kit. He first wets a washcloth with warm water and cleans the blood out of my hair. He then takes out the alcohol wipes and rubs one of my thighs with his other hand soothingly. "This might sting a little, babygirl." He says and I brace myself, closing my eyes tightly. I don't cope with pain well. He starts cleaning the cuts and I hiss, gripping my nails deep into his arm.

"I'm sorry, babygirl." He sounds pained as well as he cleans it a little more. "It's just a little scratch on your head. No need for stitches." He sighs in relief while placing one of my Strawberry Shortcake bandaids on my scraped knee. He then bends down to see my face. "You're such a good girl. Such a little trooper." He coos and I blush. "R-really?" I ask wide eyed, loving the praise. He smiles adoringly and nods. I giggle, burying my face in his chest and purring. "My Jay Jay..." I mumble, closing my eyes and inhaling his perfect scent. He chuckles. "My little kitten." He responds, kissing the top of my head and laying his head on mine while tickling my back with the tips of his fingers.

Pulling away, I see I had gotten some of the cake, that had covered my dress, on his good shirt. "O-oops." I say sheepishly. "I sorry." I say childishly, tearing up a little and because I felt bad for ruining his shirt. "Hey, it's alright. I got some on you too." He says and I look up at him confused, sniffling and wiping nose. "Huh?" I ask. He grabs a piece of cake off him. "Yeah right there." He wipes it down my nose and across my cheeks. I gasp but giggle. "Meanie butt." I say, smacking his arm. He pouts. "I'm not a meanie butt." He playfully growls, tickling my sides lightly. I squeal and giggle, trying to squirm away.

He chuckles and stops before suddenly grabbing me and settling me on his hip. "Lets go make that cake now." He tickles my tummy and I giggle nodding. I stop laughing and suddenly wince at the huge headache I have. Jason notices and frowns. "Want some ibuprofen, sweetpea?" He asks concerned. I nod and whimper, burying my face in his neck. He grabs the bottle from the nearby cabinet and hands me two. I quickly take them with the water from the sink.

After taking them, I look over and him and smile slightly but he grins mischievously back. Suddenly, he leans over and kisses and licks my cheeks several times making dramatic 'muah' and moaning sounds. I giggle and shove him away playfully. "Stop it, Jay Jay. You're gross!" I say wiping my cheek off with my shoulder and he laughs. "But your cheeks are so kissable. They are so chubby and cute." He grins, pinching my cheeks lightly. "I gots dem from my daddy." I smile and tilt my head to the side like a puppy. He chuckles at my childishness.

"You're so cute." he whispers pecking my lips. I blush and hide in his neck as he starts walking back to our room. He sits me on the bed. "Arms up, babygirl." he coos and I raise my arms obediently while giggling. He slides my cake-covered dress off then grabs on of his t-shirts and a pair of my sweatpants. He quickly dresses me then changes his shirt as well. He picks me back up. "All nice and new." he rubs my back soothingly. I yawn and place my head back in his neck as he starts downstairs.

As soon as we get down there, we are bombarded with several worried boys. "Is she okay?" "Does she need stitches?" "We're so sorry, Juliet." is all I hear. I pull my head up out of his neck and push back the fly away hairs that were in my face. "I's okay. I's just gots a headache though. Meanie butt basketball." I giggle and everyone lets out a sigh of relief. "See I gots a Strawberry Shortcake bandaid too." I roll up my sweatpants to show it off proudly. The boys laugh while Jason chuckles, kissing my forehead. "Now cake time...again!" I clap my hands excitedly. I really love baking. Everyone cheers and we head to the kitchen.