Chapter 53

Jason's POV

"I've wanted to marry her for the longest time. I've been holding it off for a while and well, I can't any more. I want- No I need your daughter to be my wife. I want to change her title of being my girlfriend to be my fiancé if you'd let me. So what I'm really trying to say is, would you please give me your blessing in making your daughter my fiancé and soon to be my wife?"

I take a deep nervous breath as Justin just stares at me.

"No." he deadpans, turning around and walking out of the living room. My heart drops to my feet as sad and angry tears actually start building up in my eyes. I thought he liked me now? I thought I actually might have made him proud by changing myself.

I'm brought out of my depressing thoughts by Justin's loud giggling as he pokes his head back into the door frame.

"I'm just kidding, stupid. Of course you can. Who am I to stop true love?" Justin says the last thing dramatically, putting his hand to his chest and sighing dreamily. He looks at my shocked face that still had tears rolling down it before busting out into giggles again. "Damn, I got you good." he howls laughing, slapping his knee. My shock wears off as I slowly start laughing along with him. Soon we are hunched over in tears laughing.

Finally, I stand as wipe my tears. "Okay, I have got to say that was a good one. You scared the shit out of me." I smile making Justin bust into giggles once more.

"Hey, want to see the ring?" I ask, pulling the box out of my pocket. He nods frantically, clapping his hands as he rushes over to get a closer look.

"It's the shape of the rose from Beauty and the Beast since she loves the story and movie so much. Plus she's my little flower." I smile pridefully as I open the box and show it off.

"Oh wow! She's going to love it." Justin smiles at me. "I sure do hope so." I exhale nervously. "Son," Justin says noticing this, resting his hand on my shoulder. "You are going to do just fine... You are strong and I know you are worthy enough for my daughter." He smiles. A single tear rolls down my cheek because for once in my life, I feel accepted and loved by a father figure.

I sniffle, looking down, then smile back at him. His features held fatherly love, wisdom, and kindness. "Thank you." I whisper and suddenly I am attacked with a big bear hug. My eyes widen as I look down at Justin hugging me tightly before relaxing and hugging back awkwardly. His eyes suddenly widen as well as if realizing what he was doing. He pulls back fast and awkwardly coughs.. "I-I'm a hugger a-and you looked liked you needed one...Sorry..." He trails off. "It's fine." I laugh, being used to it since I had lived with Juliet for years.

Bringing us out of the awkwardness, Juliet waddles into the room as she keeps wincing, her hand resting on her belly

I scramble to put the ring away as daddy/mate protective mode comes on. "Baby, what's wrong?" I rush over to her, resting my hand over hers. "Shh." She scolds and I'm taken aback as she grabs my head, pushes my down to my knees, and shoves my ear against her belly. "Uhh bab-" I start to speak but she cuts me off by shushing me again. "Hush and feel." she says calmly.

I start wondering what drugs she is on when the side of my face is kicked by her belly. "Ow! The fuck?" I yelp jumping away before I am hit harshly AGAIN on the back of my head by Juliet's hand. "Don't curse around the baby!" she chastises. I grumble to myself, rubbing the back of my head, as I hear Justin's giggles in the background. Since I just got on his good side, I mentally give him the finger and my famous death glare.

"Now what was that and why did it punch me in the face?" I ask, looking up since I was still on my knees in front of her. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "You are so dense... It was our child kicking for the first time, duh!" she laughs, running her fingers through my hair sweetly. "Really?!" A huge smile overcomes my face as I rest my hands against her tummy once more.

"Come on, baby. Kick for daddy again." I coo, rubbing her bump in circles soothingly. I am answered by three little kicks and a laugh of amazement and joy escapes my lips. "Aw, they like the sound of your voice, Jay Jay!" Juliet smiles down at me. "I can't wait until we find out the gender in a couple of days!" I say, kissing her tummy.

"You're having a boy." Justin suddenly says, surprising us both.

"What? How do you know?" I ask stunned, but on the inside I was jumping for joy at the thought of a baby boy. Not that I wouldn't love a girl as well though.

"From what I am hearing, the heartbeat is under 140 beats per minute which indicates a boy. Also she is carrying more weight in the front instead of her hips and butt. Plus, I heard Juliet complaining to Bella the other day that she doesn't have morning sickness, she has afternoon sickness, which is another sign of a male. You're having a boy... Having as many children as Bella and I have had, you tend to learn these things." Justin explains, smiling gleefully.

"
Oh my god. We are having a boy, little one" I jump up and kiss her lips happily. She giggles through our kiss and I realize why when little kicks start vibrating from her and hitting my stomach. "I'm so excited!" She squeals after we pull away. "I love you...and our little baby boy." I smile, kissing her lips again. "We love you too." she mumbles against my lips.

I couldn't be happier.