Chapter 49

Jason's POV

3 weeks later

I watch Juliet running around the kitchen, searching for more food even though we just ate, with a wicked smirk filled with accomplishment. I have been watching day by day how her little stomach got slightly bigger and bigger with my child. I can't wait to see her barefoot, in my shirt, cooking in the kitchen, with her stomach large and round with our baby. My whole body surges with pride every time I see it and hear it's tiny heartbeat.

I laugh every time Juliet hears it as well and she complains she's going crazy. She's been throwing up a lot too recently and that was the only part I hated. I didn't like seeing my angel in pain.

"Jay Jay?" Juliet's beautiful voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "Yes, darling?" I call back, pausing the TV so I could hear her better. When she walks through the door, I immediately tense up at the tears streaming down her face. "Babygirl, what's wrong?" I pull her into my embrace on the couch and cradle her like a baby. "I'm getting so fat but I'm so hungry. How can you love me?" she sobs.

"Oh baby," I chuckle, reaching down to brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "You're not fat, darling. How about we go and get you some food. Sound good?" I coo down at her, tapping her little button nose. She sniffles and nods, her eyes slightly brightening at the sound of food. "Okay.." she pouts but I know on the inside she was cheering because of the little skip in her step as she ran upstairs to get her purse. I stop myself from watching her cute little butt bounce as she walks upstairs and go grab my car keys.

I hear her running steps and instantly "Daddy Mode" switches on. "Don't run down the stairs again, baby. It's not safe!" I freak out and she gives me a weird look. "Why not? I run down the stairs all the time and you've never said anything" she says innocently. "Because you could fall and hurt yourself and the b-" I stop myself and smile awkwardly, biting my knuckles and inwardly cursing myself for my almost slip up. "Just don't do it."

She opens her mouth to say something, but I cut her off. "Food?" I tempt her, opening the door and she immediately forgets what she was going to say as she smiles and skips past me. I take a deep breath of relief and run behind her to open the car door for her. Got to be a gentleman.

____________________________________________

"And then I was like 'No, Romeo. It's bad to hump daddy's leg when he's sleeping. You're going to get a spankie!" Juliet says animatedly as she stuffs her mouth full of chicken. I stare at her adoringly and laugh as she tells me stories of when she was little.

"Wow..That was a very adventurous complex story." I say as I take a bite of my cheeseburger. I suddenly hear her growl and look around frantically. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask concerned while grabbing her tiny hand in mine. "I-I keep hearing that faint constant heartbeat. It's driving me insane! Do you hear it too?" she whines. I gulp nervously and tug at my collar. "N-No, I don't hear a-anything...Hey, do you want dessert?" I ask, trying to change the subject, which works of course. I could hear our precious baby's heartbeat loud and clear though and it made me happier each time I did.

I know I'm a horrible person, but I just don't have the guts to tell her right now. When I do tell her though, I'm obviously not going to tell her I did this on purpose. I'll just tell her that I was too turned on and she was just so sexy that I just happened to forget the condom. Yep, that's my plan.

After ordering Juliet and I a strawberry cheesecake to split, we quickly finish it and I go to pay the check.

As I was signing the check, I suddenly hear Juliet squeal as she get up and runs over to someone. I instantly go into protective mode but calm down when I see her waving over her parents. "Babygirl!" Her parents both yell as Justin runs full speed at her, arms open. Bella was a little slower since she had heels on. Just as I see Justin about to crash into her, "Daddy Mode" switches on once more and a loud growl rumbles out of my chest as I step in front of Juliet, causing Justin to crash into my chest.

His eyes immediately turn black as he growls right back at me, equally as dominant and loud. "Step. The. Fuck. Back. McCann." he hisses. Even though my dominance was questioned, I step to the side not wanting him to hate me even more than he does. "Daddy, don't say that word!" Juliet scolds as he brings her in for a warm tight bear hug. "I'm sorry, princess. I'll work on it-" He cuts himself off by sniffing the air frantically.

I tense up as I can pratically see his ears picking up. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

My thoughts were answered as he releases her with another loud growl and he whips around towards me.

I smile awkwardly at him as his breathing gets heavier.

"McCann, I give you ten seconds to explain to me why my innocent little girl is PREGNANT!" he hisses.

"I'M WHAT?!' Juliet yells and I instantly know I have a lot of explaining to do.