Chapter 14

Juliet's POV

I was laying awake at 4 in the morning, freezing cold, with a quietly purring Jason asleep beside me. My thin nightgown did me no justice as the cool night air blew in through the windows and nearby fan beside the bed. Jason hogging all the covers wasn't helping either.

It had been 6 weeks since the incident and I could tell Jason was getting weaker and weaker, just like I was. This happens when mates are near each other but they don't touch each other. Aliens feed off touch and if they don't have that touch and comfort then their bodies slowly fade into nothing.

I noticed Jason couldn't train without his body constantly shaking in weakness. He could barely hold his Desert Eagle up anymore. Carter actually had to take over the training session because Jason almost collapsed during the first lap on their 8 mile run today. Normally, he would smoke their asses and would barely break a sweat since he had basically been training for this since he was born. He was literally a machine, a lean mean killing machine. So when he almost collapsed, I almost had a heart attack. He was still my baby that I loved very much.

Shivering once more, I turn over to see Jason's face which was scrunched up making him look in pain. I lean over and poke his nose, which he crinkles cutely. I giggle and poke it again making his eyes flutter open. They were filled with sadness and regret. "Oh sorry, was I too close again?" his sleep filled voice rasps as he scoots away, thinking I wanted him further away from me even though I wanted the complete opposite. I shake my head quickly earning a bemused expression for Jason. "J-Jay Jay,"I squeak and his eyes light up at the nickname that hadn't been used for weeks. "I'm c-cold." I whimper, putting my arms out and making grabby hands so he would get the hint to pull me into his warm embrace. "Ooh I can fix that." he coos smirking, immediately taking the hint and pulling me into him.

He soon starts purring as loud as a motor, nuzzling his face all over mine and my neck. I giggle as his hair tickles my neck and he purrs even louder at the sound. "Mine." he coos, throwing my leg over his waist and pulling me into him tighter. He inhales my scent and sniffs me like a dog, making me inwardly laugh at his thirst when he would also lightly lick up my neck. He was marking me as his all over again. I sigh in content, burying my face in his neck and gripping a fist in his thin cotton t-shirt. His loud purring, sniffing, and nuzzling soon made me fall into a deep sleep.

The rush and feelings his presence and touch gave me was unreal.

____________________________

"So what are we cooking today, little kitten?" Jason coos, tying my apron for me. "That's Chef Little Kitten to you, mister." I playfully narrow my eyes and point at him. His response was biting my finger, of course. He grabs my chef's hat and plops it on my head making him aw. He quickly takes out his phone and takes a picture. "Okay, that's my new lockscreen." He smiles, clicking a few buttons then putting it up. Looking up, he stares and smiles brightly at my appearance once more. "You're so cute." he coos, kissing my nose and rubbing our noses together. We both giggle and stare into each other's eyes.

After a few silent seconds, I awkwardly jump back and clear my throat, grabbing my cookbook. I was still a work in progress. I hear Jason sigh sadly but I ignore it. "Okay, we need the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs." I list off as Jason quickly grabs them and sets them on the counter. I could practically see his strength flowing back into him just by being with each other. The color was back in our cheeks and face, no more bags under our eyes, and we didn't have that ghastly dreadful cough and wheeze anymore. Now that was terrible. We both could barely say a full sentence before having to stop to cough up a lung.

I smile and thank him, separating the dry and wet ingredients. As I was mixing them, I suddenly hear a crack and a cold wet substance run down my neck. I gasp in shock, knowing that Jason had indeed cracked an egg on my head. "I slowly turn around to see Jason standing there with a very innocent smile on his face. "What?" he smirks. The smirk doesn't last long because I smack a handful of flour in his face.

He coughs and flour dust blows out everywhere. When he opens his eyes, they has a playful "I'm going to kill you" look. My eyes widen and I take off. Oh it's about to go down, my friends.