Chapter 38

Jason's POV

I growl loudly, ripping and tossing the contract into the nearby roaring fire that was warming up the room nicely on this stormy cold night. These idiots think I'm stupid. I know when someone is trying to fuck me over. I throw back the rest of my third scotch of the hour and stand to pour myself another.

After doing so, I sip it and take deep breaths while listening and watching the lightning flash and the thunder rumble out my large window. It lights up the fields and I can see a few deer running for cover. We live in the middle of a huge field in the woods. No one can find us since no one is brave enough to enter the woods. I watch the rain pelt the leaves of the trees and sigh.

I listen to the loud laughter downstairs and pray they don't wake my princess. I don't allow her to be awake past 11 because she needs her rest or she will be grumpy and tired in the mornings.

Walking back over to my desk, I start writing down names of the people I need to handle. Some of them are taking advantage of this alliance and I won't allow that. I'm the boss. I'm Jason Fucking McCann. I sign a few more contracts then hear the door creak open and quiet footsteps. Since I am having my office cleaned and repainted, I'm in the lounge room. Sadly, that means any one can walk in. "Get the fuck out." I bark loudly not looking up. I use my dominant warrior voice that would have anyone shaking and running with their tails between their legs. Being an Absidian and a Mafia King has it's perks sometimes.

I then hear a whimper, sniffle, and running footsteps. I freeze and groan. "Fucks sake." I look up, seeing Juliet's teddybear and baby blankie that she always sleeps with on the ground. "Damn it." I stand, walking over and picking them up. I had bought Juliet this teddybear when I first met her and she still sleeps with it to this day. I guess she woke up, got scared of the storm, and was trying to find me. Now I feel awful. My little baby.

I walk out the room to chase after her when the lights flicker and the power shuts off. "Really?" I look upwards and ask. Juliet is terrified of the dark and storms so this is horrible. Knocking me from my debate with God, I hear a loud wail come from the library down the hall and I run to it.

Peering in, I see no one. Walking inside, I look around for awhile before leaning against the wall. I yelp loudly as the wall opens and I fall inside, landing on my butt. "What the absolute fuck?" I ask myself, standing and rubbing my sore ass while observing the small wooden staircase. Absidians have special vision so we can see easily in the dark. It is normally used on our home planet when we are fighting at night in a war. Comes in handy at times like this. Suddenly, my sensitive hearing picks up light sobbing and I raise an eyebrow. "Well this is new." I mumble, making my way up the creaky stairs without tripping.

When I get to the top, I observe the small room that had a bed, a chair, and a small table with books on it. Are you kidding me? What shocked me the most was that on the bed laid my beautiful, innocent, but sobbing mate. "N-no yell. No d-dark." She cries to herself and my heart hurts a little. "So this is where you hide when you run away from me?" I state, looking around the small yet comfy room before watching her reaction. She jumps and yelps, looking up at me shocked with black eyes, rimmed red from crying. Her cheeks stained from the black inky tears.

Her bottom lip trembles and walk over to her before caressing her sweet face. "No tears, little one. No tears." I coo, wiping them away with my thumbs. I pull her to me then lay down on the bed while pulling her on top of me. She lays her head on my chest so she can listen to my heartbeat, which only beats for her and her only. "I'm sorry for screaming at you like that. I thought you were one of the idiots downstairs." I joke, handing her her teddybear and baby blankie. She tucks them under her chin and I inwardly 'aw'. She is so adorable...and all mine. "It's o-okay." She mumbles into my chest. "Just s-scared a little. I no like screaming." She says, mindlessly playing with the fringe on her blanket. "I know, sweetheart. You were supposed to be sleeping though." I say, looking down at her tiny figure as she tries to curl up on my chest. I chuckle, playing with a piece of her silky hair and breathing in her natural cinnamon and apple scent.

She sits up, straddling my hips, looking down at me wide eyed. "The bad storm woke Juliet up and went BOOM!" She yells suddenly, making an explosion with her hands. I watch her amused while rubbing circles on her hips with my thumbs. "Really? It did?" I ask, wanting her to continue. "Yeah, Jay Jay. Then it went CRASH! BOOM! BANG!" She yells making many weird hand gestures and movements. I nod along with everything she babbles about, inwardly laughing. "S-scared me." She whispers, shaking her head wide eyed. "That storm deserves a punishment for scaring my babygirl." I say in a superhero voice, just messing around with her. She takes me literally though and nods frantically. "Yeah. Go yell at the storm, Jay Jay. Show them who's boss." She says innocently, not realizing storms don't have ears.

"Okay." I say anyway. I pick her up, settling her on my hip, and make my way over to the small window beside the bed. "Bad storm. How dare you scare my princess." I point at it, laughing inside at the ridiculousness. I'm literally yelling at the sky like a crazy person, but I would do anything to make my babygirl happy. She nods, pulling her head out of my neck. "Yeah. Bad storm!" Her babylike high voice yells. "Tell it, it gets a time out, Jay Jay." She whispers in my ear. "Okay." I grin, poking her nose before turning back to the window. "For scaring the princess of the castle," I say in a snooty tone while Juliet giggles at me calling her a princess. "You are getting a long time out, Mr. Storm." I say and Juliet squeals giggling into my neck. "I think that settles it, huh?" I look over her and she nods. "Good job, Jay Jay." she says hugging me tightly around the neck. "Anything for the princess." I chuckle, throwing her on the bed before attacking her in tickles and kisses. Her squeals, screeches, and giggles make my night and are music to my ears.

____________________________________

Walking downstairs with a sleeping Juliet on my hip, I go to get me a glass of water before I go to bed. Before I can enter the kitchen though, Carter walks up to me with a serious expression. "Boss, some people are here to talk to you. They're insisting. I have them in the living room." He says. I know it must be important from the look on his face. "I'll be right there." I say, my dominant protective voice coming out. I have Juliet with me so I need to be on my A-game and focus on protecting her.

Clearing my throat, straightening my tie, and readjusting Juliet on my hip so she's more comfortable, I make my way into the living room. Who I see sitting there makes me stop in my tracks and a large lethal growl to come out of my chest involuntarily. Juliet whimpers in her sleep before dropping her teddybear and blankie then gripping onto me tighter, soothing me a little. She can feel my anger in her sleep.

"Mother. Father." I hiss. "Hello son...It's been so long." My Father says smirking like the demon he is while my Mother sits there, smiling at me adoringly. My night can't get any worse.