Chapter 42

Jason's POV:

I come through the door and set my bags on the floor, waiting to hear my kitten's little feet padding against the tiles as she runs to jump on me. But nothing. The house was silent.

"Weird..." I mutter.

I close the door behind me and start searching the house for her. I go to the lounge room first but she isn't in there. I check the backyard to see if she's playing there but nope. Nothing.

Next, I ran upstairs and checked that little sanctuary/secret room she has. Nope, still nothing.

I let out a frustrated sigh and walk to our room. Scanning my hand, I enter the room with a smile on my face. It is wiped off as fast as it came.

Once again empty.

I growl and kick the dresser and table before slamming our bedroom door behind me. I grow frustrated and walk to the fridge for some water.

I open it and grab a water bottle before shutting it. As I turn around, my eyes grow wide and I choke on my water. I throw it to the floor and yank the fridge back open.

I put my shaky hand to my open mouth as I stare in shock at the fridge.

Sitting there, was a beautiful birthday cake with the words "Happy Birthday Juliet" on it.

Oh my fuck.

Black inky tears stream down my face immediately.

How could I do this to her. How could I be so selfish?

I cry harder when I remember how I spoke to her the last time. I'm the worst mate in the world. She will probably never forgive me.

You deserve it you heartless bastard, my mind yells.

I shake my head and close the door before I start sobbing. I notice a note on the bench and I scramble to get. I slip on the puddle of water that my water bottle left, when I threw it to the floor, and I crash onto my ass, but I keep crawling over to the note frantically.

I snatch it off the table and read it eagerly.

Staying at my parents. -Juliet

I knew that she was angry with me because she would have wrote that she loves me or misses me or put hugs and kisses or love hearts on it but no. Just a simple note. Fuck me...

________________________________

Juliet's POV:

"Baby girl, are you sure you don't wanna go with us?" My daddy frowned as he stroked my hair.

"No daddy, I don't wanna go," I frowned. "I just wanna watch TV and eat my cookies inside my burrito of happiness."

"You really are my daughter, huh?" He smiled sadly as he put my fringe behind me ear.

I gave him a little smile and kissed the palm of his hand. "It's okay daddy. You and mommy go. I'll have our doggy to keep me company."

"Okay, baby." He fake smiled. "Don't hesitate to call or text me. I'll run here if I have to, okay baby girl?"

"Yes, daddy." I nod.

"Okay, bye baby." He cooed leaning down to kiss me all over my face.

"Daddy." I giggled and tried to squirm away, but I couldn't because I was trapped in the burrito-ness. "Just go. Mommy and the kids are waiting for you."