Chapter 25

Juliet's POV

I flip through the scrapbook I had given Jason, yes the one he threw at the wall. I had gone and gotten the spine fixed so it was all good and new.

A certain picture catches my eye. It was a picture of Jason and I, but it was the memories that came with it that hurt. I looked 11-12 and I was snuggled up at Jason's side, smiling up at him like he was the only thing that kept me on the earth, well..he was... Jason though, who looked 17-18, was completely uninterested, bored blank stares down at his phone as he texted away. This was the last picture my mom had taken of us before he started ignoring me for a year. I still don't know how I didn't die.

Before Jason started ignoring me and partying all the time, we would meet up at the park where we first met every Thursday-Friday and hang out all day. After, I would sit on the swings and pray he would show up, even for a millisecond. I just wanted a hug. When he wouldn't, I would wipe the black inky tears that poured down my face, stand up, and walk back to my house where I would lie to my parents and say Jason and I had a great time. This happened every Thursday and Friday. The abandonment and the constant bullying at school was soon enough to break me.

I stopped talking. I never came out of my room unless to go wait at the park for a Jason that would never show. I would call Jason constantly on his phone but he would press 'ignore' so I would go immediately to voicemail. Because of this, my face was constantly stained with tears and a piece of my heart would shatter even more every time I heard his voicemail, which was, "Sorry I missed your call, but I was most likely hanging out with my babygirl." You could hear me laughing in the background as he tickled me. "I'll try to call back later but I'll probably be busy with this little princess." "Byeee!" You could hear my voice scream as Jason laughed.

I understood everything though. Why would Jason want to hang out with a clingy 12 year old that basically worshipped him?

He used to love me crawling all over him and wanting to hold his hand all the time, but you could tell he started getting annoyed when he started sitting far away from me and ignored all my questions as he played on his phone. Soon I just stopped saying anything to him. I just admired him and smiled at his perfection. I thought that would please him, if I just shut up and stopped bothering him, but he then stopped coming around and showing up at the park.

At night, I would get waves of pain strike my heart and I knew he would be hanging out and kissing other girls. He was addicted to partying and girls.

I actually saw him with a girl once....

I was sitting on the same swing as always, hoping and praying with all my heart he would be there, when I saw him... A bright smile came over my face and I was about to scream his name in utter happiness when a tall blonde girl ran up to him screaming "Jasey!" She tackled him to the ground and attacked his lips with hers. What broke my heart was that he started kissing her back with the same amount of aggressiveness.

My heart shattered instantly as tears rolled down my face like a waterfall. At the time, Jason and I weren't 'dating' because that would be seriously frowned upon. A 12 year old and a 17 year old? Yeah right. But I thought it wouldn't bother him since we were mates, he would have someone in the future to love and kiss at night. Jason had raging hormones though and had to go be a typical teenager, well as normal and typical as an alien could be I guess.

He still doesn't know that I saw that and I'll never tell him.

He did show up at our house one time though. I still remember the entire thing like it was yesterday.

~Flashback~

I was watching tv with Damon when someone knocked on the door. My parents were upstairs setting up the nursery from the soon-to-come twins, Scarlett and Katherine. I hopped off the couch and told Damon, who was 6, to stay put. He nods, popping his thumb in his mouth and continues watching Peter Pan.

I open the door and am met with a slurring smelly Jason. I step outside and shut the door behind me. You could tell he was on some type of drug as he kept laughing and tripping over nothing. Even though his appearance should have stopped me, I smiled hugely and tackled him in a hug. "Jay Jay!" I screech, hugging his tightly. I was so happy to see him. "Ew. Get off me, you freak." Jason says shoving me off him. I lose my balance and land on my butt. My eyes well up with tears at his words and my now sore butt. "Oh my gosh, are you seriously crying? Wait, of course you're crying because you have the mindset of a two year old. Gosh why was I given such a Hekoran of all things as a mate?" Jason slurs angrily. I choke on a sob at his words. "And why do you have to be so young and chubby?" I instantly become aware of my baby fat that I hadn't grown out of yet and wrap my arms around me insecurely. My naturally chubby cheeks that I got from my daddy didn't help either.

"Why couldn't I be given a beautiful model as a mate, like Sarah? No I had to given a CHILD. A chubby, crybaby, clingy child that I despise. Why can't you be better, Juliet?" He grabs my shoulders and shakes me violently as I sob loudly. I'm guessing Sarah is the blonde he was kissing at the park. "I'll be better, Jay Jay. I promise. Please don't hate me." I cry. "Oh quit crying. You're making yourself look even more stupid." He slurs, shoving me. I try to obey and stop crying to make him happy but his words had broken the last of my heart.

"What the hell is going on out here?" I hear my daddy say before I am picked up and cradled into his chest. I sob and shake in his arms violently, gripping a fist in his shirt and clinging onto him. "Nothing, Mr. Bieber. Juliet is just overreacting as usual. Nothing new." Jason spits harshly and I sob harder into my daddy's neck. "Jason, are you under the influence of some sort of drug?" My dad asks, rocking me in his arms and trying to calm me down. "What's it to ya?" Jason coughs. "McCann, I have had enough of your shit. I'm taking Juliet to the Alien Council tomorrow and getting your mate bond taken away." My dad growls protectively. I don't even try to object. I was as done as he was.

Jason though immediately sobers up. "W-wait, wh-what? No, you can't do that. She's m-mine." he stutters shocked. "I can and I will." Dad hisses. "Princess, tell him. You love Jay Jay. Tell him no and that you want to stay with me." Jason begs. I pull my head out of my daddy's neck and stare at Jason with blank, broken, black orbs. "I think it's best. You clearly aren't h-happy with m-me." I say sadly.

Jason's eyes widen and he shakes his head in disbelief. "No, baby. I..er... Jay Jay was just kidding around just now. Come on, Princess. You know I love you. Remember? You and me forever, right?" He started looking hysterical now and was speaking rapidly. I had never seen Jason looked so scared nor had I seen him cry like he was right now. "If you loved me, you would have come see me at the park every Thursday and Friday. If you loved me, you wouldn't ignore my phone calls. If you loved me, you wouldn't be partying and cheating on me every night... You don't even know what love is." I shake my head sadly as Jason looks distraught, trying to pick up all the broken pieces of our nonexistent relationship. "I-I" He looks around as if trying to find a divine intervention. "I'm sorry, Jason." I sigh. "Come on, baby. Lets go make cookies, okay?" My dad whispers in my ear, cuddling me deeper into his chest. I nod, taking one last look at Jason as he sobs loudly.

As we walk back inside, shutting the door behind us, a loud scream occurs. "JULIET! PLEASE." Jason's broken voice rips through my soul and sends shivers down my spine. I'll never forget it.

~Flashback over~

He did somehow convince my dad to not take away the mate bond though. The next couple days, he would come over and just hold me close to him while apologizing over and over. We obviously made up, but there is always a fear in my heart that he will find someone better and it never goes away.