Chapter 25: Decisions, Plans and Notes

IAN'S P.O.V.

My eyes scanned over the words again and again and again....I felt the world crumbling down around me. Anthony is all I have. I love him. But...I guess I have no choice. This 'enemy' of mine will make Anthony's life a living hell if I don't. It's like the old saying "If you love something, let it go," I whisper to myself, tears that I knew too well were filling my eyes again. After a moment, I realize there's more on the note on the back.

By the way, Ian. I just want to let you know that you failed your test. You didn't guess who I was in time. I guess your love for Anthony was too strong. How cute! If you didn't read that in sarcasm, try again. Anyways, do you remember the part where I said you would wish you would've never been born? From my first letter? I'll let that slide if you do this...You have two days Hecox.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks at this point. I have to do this for Anthony. I'll do it tomorrow. One more day with him, and then...well...you know. I wipe my tears and run to my locker. Within the rest of the school day, I had devised a plan. A way so I wouldn't have to face Anthony. To see the look on his face. I just can't do that. Or would he even care? Does he even love me like I love him? Then the voices that I hadn't heard from in a while came back Of course he wouldn't care They hissed Why would anyone care about losing a worthless, ugly, strange... The list went on and on. The tears from before came back. I was sitting down on the steps right in front of the school. Right behind me...was Anthony. "Ian?" I let my head hang down low, trying to hide my face. I don't want him worrying about me-Why the hell would Anthony worry about you? Anthony sits right next to me. I hide my face in my scarf. 

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

Is Ian...crying? I wrap my arms around him and hug him tightly. Ian does the same. What has been bothering him so much? I don't understand. Ian tries his best to blink away the tears. "Ian...please tell me what this is all about. I love you and care about you and I can't stand to see you sad," I say, soothingly. "That's what I'll miss about you," He mumbled. What? Maybe he said something else, it could have been something else considering Ian was mumbling. It's hard to understand someone when they are mumbling. I nuzzle his nose. "C'me on, lets go," I point to the bus, while my other hand takes Ian's hand. Our fingers interlock. Ian's holding onto my hand as if he would never hold it again. Strange...

IAN'S P.O.V.

We both get on the bus and go back to his house. I need to pack my stuff tonight. There's no possible way I can look at Anthony again knowing that he can never be mine. Therefore, I need to leave his house in the night. With any luck, he won't wake up as I do so. Anthony and I are laying on the couch, snuggling like always. My head is on Anthony's chest right now. I move up a bit and lean in. Anthony leans in as well and presses his lips against mine. Our eyes are closed while we kiss eachother softly. I pull away first and we continue snuggling. Without a single word. Just enjoying eachothers company...well at least I'm enjoying his company.

TIME SKIP

For the rest of the night, we played video games and we tried to teach me how to dance (which was incredibly fun). I make sure Anthony's asleep. Eyelids closed, check. Even breathing, check. Almost motionless, check. I slowly slink out of his arms, careful not to wake him up. After getting out of the bed, I packed my stuff and walked towards Anthony. I placed a kiss on his forehead and tears come to my eyes once again. Oh right! I need to write a note. I walk out to the living room and start writing:

Dear Anthony,

You might be wondering where I am...I left. I can't say this to you personally without bursting into tears so...here it goes I guess. But before I say anything I want to tell you that I'm doing this for you. It was not because of you, but its me. Anthony...I'm sorry...but I'm breaking up with you. I also couldn't live in your house and see your face everyday, knowing you couldn't be mine. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine. But you need to know that I love you, always will.Take care of yourself okay? I worry about you sometimes.

From, Ian 

My tears are falling onto the page as I place it on the countertop. I slowly walk out, when a voice stops my footsteps. "Ian?"