Chapter 32

Julie's pov

I sat at my desk with a pounding headache while sorting through the paperwork that had piled up since I arrived back to work this morning.

My boss is an asshole. He could have easily done this all by himself or at least done half of his paperwork instead of leaving it for me on top of my own workload of booking appointments, answering the phone, making reservations for business meetings, well you get the picture.

I shook my head then took a couple of Advil then continued with typing up the next report, I'll probably end up going home a little late today and miss spending time with Shania before her bedtime.

I worked throughout the morning and only got up to refill my coffee mug and use the restroom. And when lunch break rolled around, Garth wanted me to run out and get his lunch and dry cleaning, in the freaking rain!

I gave him my best fake smile then pulled my jacket on, trying my best to cover the cast on my arm before grabbing my umbrella. I knew that if I drove I would never find a parking spot at this time of the day.

I walked the two blocks and ordered his usual sub and soda then went two doors down and picked up his dry cleaning.

I made it back half an hour later but thankfully got mildly soaked and I didn't care if I left my water soaked foot prints behind me as I walked through the lobby and to the elevators.

I took my jacket off then placed it over the back of my chair while leaning my still dripping umbrella against my cubicle and went to knock on his door.

I waited for his muffled "Come in." Before I entered.

"Sir. Your lunch and here's you dry cleaning." I said as I entered and placed his lunch on his desk before I hung the dry cleaning bag in his closet.

"Anything else sir?" I asked and turned around, jumping back with a fright when he was standing close behind me.

Garth's eyes traveled up from my pumps to my legs, then up to my face before stopping at my neck, his eyes darkened.

"You're almost soaked to the bone."

"Yeah. It's raining outside." I said and tried not to sound sarcastic. I then stepped around him and walked straight towards the door.

"Julie? I have spare towels in my bathroom." He said in a nicer tone.

"I'm fine thanks." I answered then closed the door behind me.

I went off to the ladies and dried myself with some paper towels and noticed that some of my foundation had come off of my neck and Nick's love bites were on full display.

"Shit." I muttered then ran back out to grab my hand bag out of the bottom drawer before running back to the ladies.

I quickly cleaned up then reapplied my make up and made a mental note to go and stock up on my water proof foundation.

Once I looked decent enough, I walked back out then went over to the vending machine to get my lunch before going back to my desk to continued to work.

It was dusk by the time I had finished my work for the day and I was preparing to leave the office.

Garth was still in his office and on the phone and I wasn't going to interrupt him and say goodnight. He was acting weird and my gut was telling me to stay away. So instead, I shut down my computer and picked up my bag and umbrella then left for the elevators.

I blew out a sigh of relief when the doors closed and I started to relax once I made it down to the under cover garage.

I found my car then threw my belongs into the passenger seat then went around to the drivers side.