Chapter 38

Nick's pov

I'm relieved that the girls love the house and I feel like I've done  something good for once, something that was worthwhile. I feel like a damn big hero at the moment and it's giving my ego a very nice boost.

While Jules went to take care of Shania, I sent through a text to my mom and told her the good news.

She immediately replied back saying how happy she was and promised to come and visit for a weekend once we've settled.

I grinned then went to grab myself a beer and chips then sat down on the couch and flicked on the TV and watched some sports highlights.

"Aren't you full from the two burgers and serving of fries you ate?" Julie asked from behind me.

I shrugged. "Nah. You know I'll eat all night if you don't stop me."

She chuckled then started running her fingers through my hair. I love when she does that, that simple touch immediately relaxes and soothes me.

"Where's Shania?" I asked and leaned my head further into her fingers,  closing my eyes momentarily.

"Shower. She wanted some privacy. She's starting to really grow up..."

I could hear a tinge of sadness in her voice as she said that.

"Anyway, I told her I'm giving her a couple of mintues before going back in there. I'd rather not give her full reign of the bathroom just yet."

I laughed when I pictured several feet of soap suds and Shania in the middle of it with an innocent smile.

"You see. Even you pictured a bubble wonderland."

I shrugged. "Well that just shows how much we know our daughter. And speaking off. I think her two mintues is up."

"Yeah. You're right." She said then walked away.

I finished off the chips and beer before they both came out then got the portable hard drive out and fired it up ready for Shania.

She soon came running out dressed in her PJ's and I patted the spot next to me for her to join me.

"What're we watching tonight baby girl?" I asked and wrapped an arm around her.

"Frozen."

"Aye aye captain."

Jules came out fifteen mintues later fresh from a shower and wearing grey sweatpants and a light blue t shirt, her beautiful brown hair cascading down her back.

She down next to Shania and tucked her legs under her. "What?" She quietly asked when she noticed I was staring.

"Nothing. You look beautiful."

She gave me a weird look then looked down at her sleepwear then back at me.

I smiled. "You could be wearing rags babe and I still would think you're beautiful."

An adorable blush filled her face and she muttered her thanks after clearing her throat.

I gave her a wink then focused my attention to that snowman in the movie.

The following morning we were all up early. I started gathering the ingredients for our breakfats while Jules was in charge of the coffee.

Chris dropped by just as I was plating up and dumped the flat boxes on the floor by the door and sat his ass down at the table, waiting for some food.

"Did you at least close the door?" I asked.

"Yeah of cause man." He answered and took the plateful of food that Jules handed to him.