Chapter 34

A/N: Short chapter.

Julie's POV

I felt sick to my stomach when I walked into work the following day. I think the nerves were getting the best of me and my flight reflex was kicking in. I took a few deep breaths and stood my ground then gave myself a stern talking to and an imaginary kick in the butt.

I have to remember that Garth was harmless and won't lash out violently, as far as I knew.

I walked straight into the staff room and placed my lunch in the fridge then made myself a strong coffee before going to my desk.

I placed my hand bag in my bottom drawer then fired up my computer.

I drummed my finger nails on top of the surface of my desk as I waited and threw my eyes at his closed door a few times, silently praying that he won't come out and give me his usual good morning greeting.

I placed my headset on then wrote down the awaiting messages before taking the phone off message bank.

Garth did eventually come out, but thankfully I was far too busy taking phone calls and replying back to emails to give him any acknowledgement and he eventually walked away and down into the staff room.

Good. He can make his own damn coffee. I thought then drank down the rest of my cold coffee.

"Hey Julie. Do I have any messages?" Garth asked making me jump out of my skin.

"Um. Yes sir." I answered then handed over the pink slips to him.

"Thanks." He was about to walk away when he turned back around.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"NNo sir." I stuttered then cleared my throat. "Everything's fine sir."

He nodded after a few seconds of staring. "Ok. As soon as my ten o'clock arrive would you send them in right away and be sure to take their coffee orders."

"Yes sir."

He nodded then disappeared through his door and I blew out a sigh of relief before getting up to make myself a fresh cup of coffee.

The clients arrived right on time and I quickly showed them through to Garth's office then went to make their coffees and delivered them straight away before quietly ducking back out to my desk to answer the ringing phone.

I was kept busy pretty much all day with Garth dropping off some paperwork after each meeting for me to type up.

I sighed as the clock struck closer to 5 o'clock and sent off the last email.

I tossed aside my headset then logged off and shut down my computer before I collected my hand bag and left for the elevators.

"Are you heading home Julie?" Garth called from behind me.

I turned around and nodded. "Yes sir."

He placed his hands inside his pockets as he rocked on his heels. "Thanks for today, you did an awesome job like always. How about we go and have a drink?"

"Um. I can't. I need to go home to my daughter."

His face showed his disappointment as he nodded. "Of course. Maybe another time then?"

"Yeah sure." I quickly answered then turned around and pressed the button for the elevators.

The following days were uneventful and I started doubting myself and what I was feeling towards my boss.

Was I was being paranoid and overreacting for nothing?

Garth stayed behind his closed office door for the rest of the week and just left paperwork on my desk before going back into his office. He even started making his own coffee.

I have yet to see HR about his previous creepy behavior and now I'm thinking if I should even bother.

I yawned and took a gulp of my coffee. Nick kept me up until late last night with his sexy antics and we both had gotten a couple of hours of sleep. Thank god it was Friday today. I was looking forward to our family night in and also looking forward to Saturday night with Sarah and her future sister inlaws whom she has grown close to, I was also dragging Lisa out with me and making her take one night off from studying.

Sarah would be a married woman in a few weeks, so she wanted to squeeze in at least a couple of girls nights before the her big day.

On my way home, I stopped by at the liquor store and bought myself a bottle of wine and a six pack of beer for Nick. We both usually have a glass or two every Friday night to unwind if we were up to it, and of course, after putting Shania to bed.

I had a shower once I placed our 'goodies' in the fridge and Nick went ahead and ordered a couple of pizzas for us.

The doorbell rang just as I was finishing up and I dressed then joined Nick and Shania in front of the TV to eat. We placed the leftovers in the fridge once we were done then lazily vegged out on the couch with our full and satisfied tummies.