Chapter 52

A/N: sorry again for the late update. I really am trying to be more consistent but my brain is not cooperating😣. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It may contain some typos. 💖

Julie's pov

I was wide awake and couldn't sleep after what Nick had told me earlier tonight.

I wasn't even aware that Chase was following me and I felt violated and unsafe...and afraid. I placed a hand over my rapidly beating heart and knew I was going to have a panic attack soon.

What if he hurts me again? And what if he kills me this time around?

I don't want to die.

I tossed the covers then shakenly went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I flicked on the light then opened the medicine cabinet.

I grabbed my valium and shook two out and took them with some tap water.

I closed the toilet lid then sat and felt the tears spilling down my cheeks and placed my face in my trembling hands as I silently cried and trying not to make a sound, I didn't want to wake Nick up.

Grabbing some toilet paper to blow my nose and wipe my tears, I took a few deep breaths before standing up and going to the sink.

I cringed slightly at my reflection then gave my face a quick wash and wipe before shutting off the light and exiting the bathroom.

I climbed back into bed then laid on my side and watched as Nick slept.

Soon the drugs kicked in and my eyes drooped. I moved closer to Nick and was practically laying over his back before I fell into a deep sleep.

I felt disoriented and drowsy when I woke. Nick's side was vacant, I laid back down on my pillow and decided that I needed to sleep a little longer. I adjusted the covers back over myself then closed my eyes.

I woke some time later feeling refreshed and checked the time. It was almost midday so I got up and went to have a shower and wondered why Nick didn't wake me earlier, not that I would leave the comfort of our bed.

I made my way downstairs after I've been in the shower for way too long. By now my stomach was protesting loudly for some food.

The house was quiet and I went in search for my daughter and Nick, finding them out in the back yard playing. I let them be for a moment so I could make myself a cup of coffee.

I ventured out back and sat down, giving them both a smile and a wave then took a long sip of my coffee.

"Hey baby. Did you eat?" Nick asked.

I shook my head. "Not yet."

"Well let's go out and have a bite to eat. C'mon Shania let's go."

I stood up with my coffee then followed them inside. I walked upstairs to grab a jacket and put on my sneakers and grabbed my purse.

Nick drove us to McDonald's and I gave him a look. He shrugged then rubbed my jean clad knees. "I feel like Maccas." He said.

I gave a light chuckled and just went with it. I was hungry and to be honest I haven't had McDonald's for a while.

We walked in and went straight up to the counter to place our orders.

Once our food was served we chose a seat near the window and I dug right in.

"Jules?"

I swallowed my bite then looked up and saw Dean dressed in his uniform holding his take out bag.