Chapter 46

So sorry for the late update 😞 hope you guys enjoy.

Julie's pov

I was finally being released today. Thank god! I just wanted to hurry up and go home already.

I had to stay in bed after I had changed into jeans and a sweater and wait until my doctor returned with the necessary paperwork and do his final check up before signing me out.

Nick sat Shania on the bed beside me while he went around the room to collect the get well cards and balloons and double checking to see if my belongings were all packed. I watched as he fussed and gave a light chuckle.

"What?" He asked and gave me a confused look.

"You're being a mother hen Nick."

He raised his brow. "Really? I would call me an awesome, loving, caring, handsome boyfriend."

"You're all that and more Nick."

"My ego is having a party right now."

"We're having a party daddy?" Shania asked excitedly.

He laughed. "No baby girl. It's just a figure of speech."

She gave him a frown then looked at me. "What does he mean mommy?"

"He means that his big brain is having a party inside because I said nice words to him. Don't you feel good inside when someone says nice words to you?"

"Oh. Yeah. I do." She answered thoughtfully.

I pulled her against me and kissed the top of her head just as the doctor walked back in holding his clipboard.

"Alright Miss Smith. I have your paperwork but before you sign I'd like to do the final check up first."

I nodded. "Sure."

Nick came and grabbed Shania off the bed and then stood with her by the window.

The doc worked quickly but efficiently going over my heart rate, blood pressure, breathing then finally the wounds.

"They're healing rather nicely. I'd like you to do a follow up at your clinic in a week from now, the sutures should be ready to pull out by then."

I nodded as he covered my stomach.

"Ok. Here's you release papers if you can have a read of it then sign. I'm going to write a prescription for pain killers but make sure you take them on a full stomach and if necessary, I'm also writing a medical certificate to give you a further week off work. And please, No over strenuous work, we don't want you tearing the sutches."

I read through the documents then signed my name before handing the clipboard over to the doctor, he in turn handed me the script and certificate.

"Great. I'll get the nurse to bring in the wheel chair then you'll be free to go."

"Thank you doctor. For everything."

"You welcome Miss Smith. You focus on getting better now."

"I will."

He nodded then left the room and Nick walked closer with Shania.

"Alright baby girl. I'd like you to carry mommy's balloons and cards okay?"

"Ok daddy."

I was wheeled to the main entrance doors before I was allowed to stand up. I thank the nurse then followed Nick towards his car and managed to get the balloons into the car without them obscuring his rear vision too much.