Chapter 40

Julie's pov

I promised Dean that we will catch up in a few days time.

I needed to have a long talk with Nick first and make things right before I can meet up with him again.

I drove straight to Shania's school and waited with some of the other parents.

All of the kids came bounding out of the building and I soon spotted my daughter who gave me a toothy grin when she saw it was me who was there picking her up. It was usually Nick who picks her up and a sitter who looks after her until one of us finishes work.

She waved goodbye to her friends before running to me and into my arms.

I asked her how her day was and she simply replied good, so I took her hand and we walked towards our car and drove home.

I made Shania a snack then helped her with her homework. She had a lot today and I could see that she was stressing about it.

"Honey don't worry so much. Which ones are due tomorrow?"

"Maths, science and this book report." She muttered and looked outside with a longing look.

"Ok. Lets get on with the book report first and after that you can go and play, but when I start dinner I want you back inside to finish the maths and science homework. Okay?"

She nodded with a smile and fished around in her back pack for her book.

"What book did you pick for your book report?"

"Charlotte's Web"

"That's great baby. We've read that together back at Nanna's and Poppy remember?"

"Yeah. We did." She said as the light bulb in her head turned on.

I chuckled then kissed the top of her head. "So you shouldn't have too much trouble with it hmm?"

She nodded then opened the book while I quietly sat beside her and listened to her as she read it out loud.

"See. That wasn't so bad now huh?" I said to Shania when she finished her report.

She shook her head as she tucked it back into her bag.

"C'mon. Lets go outside." I said. Shania hurried out to the back yard with me lagging behind.

I took a number of photos of her running about until I suggested she go back inside to grab her soccer ball.

While she was gone, I tried calling Nick a couple of times, who totally ignored me and sent the calls to message bank.

I sighed in frustration and felt the sadness creep in. I hate that he was angry at me, but I brought this in myself, and, I only had myself to blame.

We were in a committed relationship and I should've repected his wishes and listened for once.

I sighed as I tucked my cell back into my pocket and waited for Shania to return.

We played soccer together until she got bored. I asked her to wash up then reminded her of her homework before I went to start our dinner.

I stayed up until 11pm that night and Nick still hadn't returned. Chris hasn't heard from him also and said that he would go out and look for him.

I just hope that he didn't do anything stupid...

No. Stop it Jules! He's changed. He wouldn't do anything stupid. He's just angry and needs some space.

I dozed off half a few mintues later. I couldn't stay up any longer if I wanted to.