Chapter 11: A Ball to Infiltrate

How am I supposed to save Alexandru from these hunters when I can't even disguise myself properly? Or better yet, get past the hunters? Of course, I could stay in my raven form, but I haven't used that in a month and I don't want to risk fainting after I transform into my normal self. Currently, I'm still a raven overlooking the rather large number of hunters preparing for their heist.

There is no bloody way in hell I'm going to allow any of these hunters to be near Alexandru. I silently growl in my head, glaring hatefully at the humans. How am I going to get past them though? I know none of their weapons can be deadly to me, but I still don't want them to see me. What to do?

"It's almost time, everyone! The parasites are gathering at this time and we have only one chance to find the prince and take him! Do we have enough weapons?" One man shouts, who I'm assuming is the leader of this group. The man who shouted had short blonde hair, fair skin complexion, a slight stubble of facial hair, cold grey eyes and I believe a bit shorter than me.

 The man who shouted had short blonde hair, fair skin complexion, a slight stubble of facial hair, cold grey eyes and I believe a bit shorter than me

Another replies that they had a sufficient amount of weapons before the leader continues, "And what of the witch I asked for?"

What witch would ever go against our own? Surely, there's isn't one who would assist these humans in kidnapping a vampire. There's simply no benefit from it. Even if there was a reason, they can't betray their own kind. Granted, we are all of different species, but we are supernatural creatures. To think that we would ever coerce with these human hunters is completely preposterous.

A different hunter shouts, "Right here, Sorin!" Two men walk toward the leader with a young woman in between them. The witch looks awfully familiar to me but I can't put my finger on why.

"Do you have what we asked for?" The leader named Sorin demands.

"Yes, this needle contains a mixture strong enough to paralyze a vampire for only one day. Maybe even two," the witch answers while she holds a small bottle of liquid with a pointy end out for them to see, probably the potion she created for them. Her voice sounds extremely familiar. . . Why can't I remember?

"And you're certain this thing will work? We have only one chance to grab the prince-" Sorin begins before he was cut short in mid sentence.

"It will work! My magic is beyond your comprehension!" The witch snarls angrily. "I am Acantha Devine, the only witch who has been around far longer than other witch or wizard or warlock alive, and that could create something like this within a week!"

It can't be Acantha. . . It can't be! Why would she help these hunters kidnap my vampire friend? What has he ever done to her that would drive her to assist in his death? I ponder while I fly closer to her. Hold on, if she's here then that means she could help disguise my demonic side!

"I understand, I simply don't want it failing us when we take the prince to our headquarters." Sorin states sharply before walking away with Acantha's vial of potion while Acantha strides in the opposite direction.