Chapter 13: Another Side

Trailing after Lucius without him noticing me wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. He seemed to be really distracted if he hasn't sense my presence right now. Still, I keep my distance from him as he walks towards a room inside a dark hallway. Odd, why would Alexandru be inside a room? Is he trying to get some time to calm himself down?

I would if I had his father. Bloody hell, I would have left this ball if I were Alexandru. But I'm not here to run away from some king who doesn't know I exist. I'm here to save Alexandru from hunters and the other prince will indirectly help me. Lucius places his hand on the doorknob, presses the trigger to open it, and enters quietly inside. I follow immediately afterwards and lean my ear against the door.

There were strange sounds on the other side of the door; soft, short and uneven. What could create such a sound? And that's when I heard it. "M-my Prince. . . Please..... I b-beg you. . ." A girl's voice stutters in between moans. What the bloody hell is happening in there?

"Shut up or I won't continue." Alexandru's harsh tone growls. Continue?! Continue with what?!

Lucius might have interrupted them in some way because the next person that spoke was Alexandru again. "What the hell-?!" Alexandru growls.

"Vh-vhat is going on here? Vhy are you glaring at me like that?" Lucius meekly asks, as though he was facing Alexandru's glare.

"I-I should go. . ." The girl states and I quickly step away from the door. A second later, a young woman leaves the room while she adjusts her dress. Now I know what he was up to. . .

"A-Alexandru?" I hear Lucius call nervously. A sharp slapping sound was heard after that. "Brother, vhy did you-" Another slap. Alexandru hit his brother twice and from the sound of the last one, that one was harder.

"Shut up, Lucius! Just shut your mouth for once in your life!" Alexandru shouts furiously, causing me to flinch.

"Vhat did I do? I did not do anything! You should not be the one angry, I am because you vere vith her!" Lucius yells in a desperate manner.

"Just make everything about me, why don't you! Blame everything on me because you can't do no wrong! Not Lucius Adrian Negrescu, the damn golden boy!" Alexandru snarls. He has a point there. But why is he so angry? From what I can gather, the only reason Alexandru is acting this way is because of his sudden engagement.

"Vhat are you talking about? I am not-" Lucius attempts to ask but was interrupted again.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You always act so perfect in front of Father and every time I try to do something I want to do, he always brings you up! But when you destroy an entire village, he does nothing to you! You get away with murder! I can't even get away with sneaking out of that damn castle!" Alexandru spats.

This is completely unfair. How can his own father favor that murderer over Alexandru? Why does he force Alexandru into that engagement with the little British girl when he doesn't want to marry her? He should have allowed Alexandru the freedom to choose his own partner and lock his brother up in some bloody dungeon.

"Brother, you do not understand vhat Father does to me vhenever you are not around. He-" Lucius struggles to explain himself but was cut off.

"No, Lucius! I'm tired of hearing how much you hate being in that castle when you don't even do anything!" Alexandru interrupts. "This is exactly why I hate you."

He hates him? Did I hear that right? Alexandru hates his brother Lucius? I thought repeatedly to myself, slowly taking in this confession of his. So he hasn't fallen in love with him. I might still have a chance with him?