Chapter 18: Results of the Outcome

Damian has returned from wherever the bloody hell he's been hiding himself in. What is he doing here? Does he know about my test? If so, how did he find out about it? I'm glad to see him and all, but out of all the days he could have dropped by to visit, why did it have to be today?

"I leave you alone for forty-two years and you're almost dying. Can I do anything without you getting into some death like situations?" Damian remarks with a smirk and walks over to me.

"Correction, I wasn't alone. My family were here as well, watching me die without you. You're ruining it by being here." I banter with a soft chuckle. Except, that chuckle resulted in receiving a massive headache on the left side of my head.

"And here I thought I taught you everything there is to know about not getting yourself killed. But, I guess you need your babysitter now more than ever." Damian laments with a fake sigh. His usual smirk forms on his lips and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

"You can insult my brother at another time, Damian. Right now, he needs to rest." Luka speaks up, interrupting our little reunion.

Without warning, another headache forms on the left side of my head. I suppose the headache from earlier didn't subside, rather I ignored it when I was speaking to Damian. Now it's just pounding against my head as though it's demanding my attention. Some rest would probably help me, but I have to know how I did on the test.

"Not until I know what happened. . . Did I pass?" I ask, looking around for Acantha.

I found her standing next to my mother who has a worrisome expression while Acantha's seems to be more like fear. Did I fail the test? I don't think so since I don't feel as though I have gone mad nor are any of my limbs missing. So, what seems to be the problem? Why are Acantha and my mother staring at me as though I have returned from the dead?

"Well? Can someone please answer my bloody question?" I demand and attempt to get up from the ground. Thankfully, both Luka and Damian assisted me in helping me up on my feet. But, only to help me stand.

I stagger towards Acantha with determination set firmly on my face. She looks up at me, only to see her face paler than she normally is. I have to know why she's staring at me like that and so I ask her once again, "Did I pass the test, Acantha?"

"Y-yes. . . You passed. . . I think. . ." She murmurs quietly, but refuses to look my way.

"You think? What do you mean, 'I think'? I'm alive and I don't know about any of you, but I don't feel I have lost my head or any of my limbs. Did I pass or not?!" I repeat my question as frustration slips out from me.

My mother was the next person to speak up, "Garrick, love, you weren't conscious for five hours. . . We thought you were dead. . ."

Five hours?! Why did that test caused me to be unconscious for that long?! The conversation I had with the two other versions of myself was no less than a couple of minutes. Even then, they were doing most of the talking. Mostly my vampire side trying to persuade me into killing my demonic self. Could that conversation really last five hours?

"Then, why do you think I passed the test?" I ask to anyone who could answer my question.

"We think so. . . The circle didn't kill you and the magic from it went into your pentagram, but you weren't awake afterwards." Acantha muses softly.

"If that's the case, then I'll be taking Garrick out for some fresh air. We have a lot of catching up to do and I don't think he's up for telling any of you of his test. Right, Garrick?" Damian declares while he walks to my side.

"Er. . . Right, I suppose it would be nice to get some fresh air and catch up on your whereabouts." I answer slowly since I wasn't entirely sure if that's what I wanted.