Chapter 41: Revelations Come with a Sacrifice

Seeing my twin siblings again had me yearning for my family. I did not noticed how long it has been since I left my home. But, walking back home with Jasmine and Aidan, I remembered why I left in the first place. The twins were more than happy to remind me of it as we trekked through the forest.

"Things have gotten much more fun after you left, Garrick. Aidan and I have been busy exploring England lately. I think we almost came close to going to Scotland the week prior." Jasmine gloats, though all I heard was that they left Lily alone.

"Did you take Lily with you?" I ask while I kept my anger in control.

"Of course not. She would be falling asleep every other day." Jasmine states with a scowl. My anger almost slipped out right then and there if Aidan had not spoke.

"The creature you brought in took care of her along with Luka whenever he came over." Aidan explains which calmed me down just a tad.

"That is some relief, I suppose. . ." I muse mostly to myself and turn my head away from them.

Aidan and Jasmine seem pleased to have me out of the house, I thought as we continued to make our way through the forest. In fact, they are ecstatic about my leaving. What have they really been doing while I was away?

Before I left, I had made sure that we were all home before the sun rose. My reasons for it was so a group of humans would not see us feeding. If a few did saw us, we could erase their memories. However, a large amount would take longer and they would draw a crowd. The twins were never fond of that rule of mine, but they had no choice except to follow it. Lest they wanted to explain to Mother why they did not listened to me.

Speaking of Mother, the twins have yet to tell me what she wanted to talk to me about. When Galvin and Damian were far enough away, they insisted that I should go see her and ask her myself. Which begs the question, what does Mother want to speak to me so urgently?

My first instinct was that something has happened to either my siblings or my parents. But I do not think that is the case. Both Jasmine and Aidan look perfectly fine. Luka should be with his master, so he should be fine as well. I entrusted Kang-Dae to watch over Lily for me which meant that if anything happened to her, he would have contacted me the second something went amissed.

That only leaves Mother and Father to worry about. Except, I do not think something happened to them. Surely if something should befall on Mother or Father, the twins would not act this calm. Despite our quarrels, they would have told me if Mother and Father are in danger. However, their recent actions has me questioning that thought of mine.

Regardless of our current relationship, I will put it aside for the time being. If my family is in trouble, the time for squabbling can wait until after. Fortunately, we arrived at our estate which looked exactly as I had left it. This means that they weren't attacked by someone. So why the urgent meeting?

We ran up to the door which Aidan opened for Jasmine and I. From there, Jasmine proceeded to lead me towards Mother and Father's study. None of us had any reason to be in that room since that was where Mother and Father would be in there to work on their business for the nation. Whatever Mother wants to speak to me about has to be about that because even I have never bothered to enter that room.

Jasmine walked up to the door and simply barged in without asking if we were permitted to enter. I was astounded by her insolence, but I did not have the time to process it. I felt Aidan's hand push me into the room, practically stumbling inside, without even offering an apology for pulling that stunt. I restrained myself from scolding them for our parent's sake as I walked towards Mother and Father.

Instead of sitting behind the large desk they have on the right side of the room upon entering, Mother and Father were by the two armchairs. Mother sat to Father's left while Jasmine was standing behind Father's chair. They do not look to be harmed from what I can see. If nothing is wrong, why are we all meeting?