Chapter 36: The Odds Against Me

Tonight, Mother and Father will know what the twins have done. They will learn about the two boys they took all those weeks ago. In addition, they will hear what they have to say about the last victim before the two murders occurred recently. Hopefully, they can get them to stop whatever it is the twins are doing.

With these thoughts in mind, I square my shoulders and enter my family's estate. I lock the door and follow the direction I hear my family which was the parlor room. My parents were looking over some papers while Lily is chasing around Kang-Dae in his bunny form and the twins were arguing about Jasmine's lost shoes, but they were not in the parlor room.

The door to the room was already open so I lean against the doorframe, cross my arms in front of me, then clear my throat. That brought everyone's attention to me with Lily immediately running to me. She leaps into my arms and squeals, "You're home! I missed you, Garrick!"

"I haven't been gone for that long, Lily. But, I missed you too. Were you a good girl for me? Did you cause any trouble to Kang-Dae while I was away?" I question with a stern tone. Although, the smile on my face gives away my lack of anger towards my adorable little sister.

"No! I was a good girl, just like you said! Kang-Dae will tell you, ask him and you'll see!" Lily answers happily as my mother sets aside her papers.

"Evening, Garrick. How was work?" Mother greets, rising from the loveseat before striding up to me.

"A lot more bloodier than usual. However, I cannot discuss this with you nor with Lily present." I reply and set Lily down.

"Why not?" Lily practically whines in protest.

Chuckling, I kneel down to her level and gave her cheek a quick peck. That brought a grin on her pretty face which makes it a bit easier for me to respond, "I don't want you to get a nightmare with what I have to tell. It's really terrifying what I had to see. Do you want to get a nightmare?"

"No, I don't. But, are you going to work in the morning?" Lily ponders to which I shrug my shoulders.

"I do not know, lily flower. I have to wait until I'm called. But, I promise to play with you when I come back from work. Is that alright with you?" I suggest as I anticipate for her answer.

"Yes! And we can have a ball! Can we, Garrick, can we?!" Lily begs all excitedly. I would have said yes to her, but it is not my call to say we have a gala.

"Let me discuss it with Mother and Father then I'll tell you if we can." I offer with a soft smile. Lily nods her head in agreement and I look over to Kang-Dae who had shifted to his human form. "Would you take her to bed for me?"

Kang-Dae nods his head once before bowing to me and replying, "Yes, Master Garrick."

"Thank you. Lily, I'll tell you what Mother's and Father's decision is when you wake up." I inform her while I lift her up in my arms, standing upright. I hand her over to Kang-Dae after I bid Lily good night and gave her another peck on her cheek.

Lily bid us all good night, my parents also kissing her cheek as well, then was whisked away to her room. Once I deemed she was far away and deep asleep, I close the door before facing my parents. Father watches me closely from his seat while I felt a hand on my right shoulder. I tilt my head slightly to the left, I see Mother smiling at me as she leads me deeper into the room.

"You look as though you want to speak with us privately, love. Have a seat and tell us what you want to tell us." Mother orders, nodding my head in agreement.

"The twins have transformed the human boys they kidnapped on the day of my test. They were talking among themselves about the last victim's wounds and how they were congruent with a newborn's first time feeding. That led me to believe that they have had their own creations and are now running around London without any supervision." I begin as I take a seat on the individual chair.