Chapter 33: Meeting My Family

"Another slash to the throat. . . abdominal wounds as well. . . Disemboweled, actually. . . The instrument used at the throat and the abdomen. . . It must have been a very sharp knife with a thin narrow blade, and must have been at least 6 to 8 inches in length, probably longer. . ." I murmur, repeating the doctor's words from several feet away.

"I knew it, the killings are connected." Galvin exclaims in a whisper with his excitement increasing by the seconds.

"Shush! I'm trying to hear the lovely details from the vampire!" Damian scolds and sends him an annoyed glare.

Rolling my eyes, I take a sip of my tea while overhearing the doctor's examinations on the dead woman. This one was a tad gruesome with the intestines placed over her shoulders, her face swollen, and her tongue protruding out her mouth. According to the doctor, the killer has some medical or perhaps anatomical knowledge. Additionally, the knife could have been a bayonet or a sword bayonet. I'm doubtful that the killer would have any anatomical knowledge, but having a bayonet sword in his possession is likely.

"Alright, the doctor believes that the killer has either anatomical or medical knowledge and the weapon was a bayonet or a bayonet sword. Now, given our own observations, the vampire would not have that sort of knowledge. The bayonet or bayonet sword is a possibility. Why? Because he has to be member of the nobility and in the nobility, there is a sword they use for special occasions such as earning a knighthood or receiving a title from Her Majesty." I declare and direct my focus on Galvin's surprised look. "What?"

"How do you know that?" Galvin questions, curiosity clear in his voice.

"Garrick and I attended a few of those ceremonies with our family." Luka answers for me while he sips from his teacup.

"You attended those ceremonies? But, how? Only the nobility can-" Galvin begins his next question when he was interrupted.

"They're the Viscount of Gastrell. Ever heard of them?" Damian intercedes as Galvin's eyes widen just a tad.

"The Viscount of Gastrell?! They oversee all of England's security!" Galvin exclaims which only brought embarrassment to fill within me.

"Well, you're sitting with three Gastrells at the moment." Damian announces and picks up another scone from the tray in the center of the table.

No coherent words came out from Galvin and I fear that he might choke or worse, give my identity away to onlookers that can be eavesdropping our conversation. I had to shush him just to get him to quiet down. Fortunately, no one bothered us. I wouldn't know what to say if someone important overheard Galvin and attempted to talk with me since I am next as the head of the family in front of the other nobles. One wrong comment can spread like wildfire and we would have to fix it nonviolently.

"If you're done grasping the idea of me and my siblings being so important, can we move on to the body?" I suggests to which Galvin nods his head in response. "Good, the lodging house deputy and the watchman said they saw her at around 1:45 am without money for the lodging then went out to earn some."

"Hold on a moment," Galvin declares while he looks for his small notebook. He lays the book on the table and took out a pen from his pocket. He tests the pen for ink then nods his head for me to continue.

"There's not much left to gather unless we attend the inquest, but they say that someone has seen her talking with a man. Might be the killer or another customer of hers." I resume glumly and sat back against my chair.

"I'll find out when it will take place and attend to it. You will rest in the meantime." Galvin states as he jots down the last of my observations.