Chapter 20: Better Left Unsaid

"I'm sorry, but who the bloody hell are you?" Galvin asks, his eyes narrowing into a glare.

"None of your concern, human." Damian snarls which caused Galvin to flinch. Most likely because of Damian's hazel eyes dilating to their crimson demonic versions.

"Damian, not now. Please, I'll explain everything if you could wait for me to finish calming my new contractor down?" I plead exasperatedly as I bring my hand to the bridge of my nose, hoping to lessen my frustration a bit.

"Garrick, what's going on? Who is this man and why did he said that you were still a novice at being a demon? What did he mean by that? Are you not a demon?!" Galvin bombards question after question at the same time he starts to hyperventilate. At this rate, I'll have to take him home myself. . .

"Galvin, calm yourself. Otherwise, you'll faint." I state in the calmest tone I could muster.

"Then, I'll eat your soul as a snack." Damian announces with his mischievous smirk which only made Galvin more nervous than he already is.

I sent a cold glare in Damian's direction before I return my attention back to Galvin who, at the moment, is coming close to losing consciousness. Even the sound of his heart beating faster than what normal humans have can be heard loud and clear. "Breathe, Galvin. I'll explain everything if you lower your heartbeat. Do you think you can do that?"

"I-I think s-so. . ." Galvin stammers and takes a few breaths to compose himself. His breathing eventually helped slow his heart beat to what I'm assuming to be at a steady rate.

"Good, keep breathing while I talk to my friend here. Damian, follow." I command smoothly, walking past Damian. Galvin nods his head, but I doubt he actually heard me from the blank and confused look he's wearing.

"Whatever you say, Garrick." Damian complies while he walks after me down the street.

I lead Damian a few feet away from Galvin's range of hearing and whisper harshly to him, "How long were you watching me?"

"Oh, not long. Only to the part where you flew up to him and saved his life. Nothing important until I saw you branding him. You finally found a soul worth eating?" Damian replies nonchalantly, raising a brow up higher than the other.

"No, I didn't. I simply found someone worthy of my services." I scoff while I cross my arms.

"You're still not going to eat his soul?!" Damian shouts, flabbergasted.

"I will never eat a soul, Damian." I snap heatedly as I narrow my eyes into a glare.

"Then, what in hell's name are you getting in exchange?!" Damian demands, noticing his eyes brightening to their demonic versions and a low growl resonating in his throat as he spoke.

Rolling my eyes in slight annoyance, I turn my head to Galvin and see with my eyes focusing on him that he's calmed down enough to listen to me. I look back at Damian to find him still waiting for me to answer his question, but he can wait. Galvin needs more of an explanation which could include my lack of demon contract experience.

"I'll tell you soon. Let me take my contractor home without you there to give him some bloody panic attack." I inform as I stride back to Galvin.

My new contractor looks tired and worn out. No doubt that he hadn't gotten any sleep tonight since he heard about the dead body. I must take him home before he collapses from exhaustion. He would have been on his way back by now if it weren't for Damian coming in and rudely interrupted us by telling him that this is my first ever contract.

"Is everything alright?" Galvin asks once I stand a foot or two away from him.

"Yes, everything is fine. But, I think you should go home now. You look as though you would lose consciousness any second now." I note and brace myself to catch him any second. Galvin nods his absentmindedly, probably not realizing it, while mumbling a few words that my high sense of hearing manages to catch.