Morning Routines Ch. 1

Ash's POV

When he woke up, he found himself on the floor, hugging a pillow, and drooling. He wiped the drool off his face and stood up. He turned towards the bed and found Pikachu sleeping soundly on another pillow. Ash smiled and walked downstairs. He found his mom cooking breakfast.

"Good morning Ash! We're having eggs and bacon today for breakfast." Delia said to him.

"Morning mom. And ok." Ash replied.

It had only been a day since Ash arrived back in Pallet town. He arrived late at night the day before, and after greeting his mom, he went straight to bed. Ash helped set the table for breakfast. He also got out some food bowls and filled them for the rest of his Pokémon. When Pikachu and Mr Mime finally made it to the table, Ash let out all of his Pokémon from their pokeballs and they all began to eat.

While they were eating, there was no talking for a few minutes, but Ash's mom broke the silence.

"So, Ash," She began. "Yesterday, you came back at almost midnight, so you weren't able to tell me about your adventures in the Kalos region."

"Oh, right!" He swallowed his mouthful of food. "Well, where do I start?" Ash thought aloud.

"How about you tell me about your friends?" Delia suggested.

"Hmm... alright. Got it. Well... after I got off the plane to the Kalos region, I rushed to the nearest gym in the city. When I got to the gym, they threw me out (literally) because I didn't have at least four gym badges. My friend Clemont saved me with his backpack, and his little sister, Bonnie, saved Pikachu." Ash told her.

Pikachu nodded. "Pika!"

"Well then, you'll have to tell them thank you from me!" Delia smiled.

"You see," Ash continued. "Clemont is actually the gym leader of the Lumiose City gym. He made a robot, Clembot, to help him with his battles, but it ended up kicking him out instead! We did get back into the gym later, and Clemont reprogrammed Clembot and got him to work correctly. Bonnie really looked up to her brother, but to be honest, she was a little nosy. Whenever she saw a girl, she'd say they were a "keeper,"  and ask them to take care of her brother." Ash chuckled at the memories.

His mother stared at him. "Go on." She said to him.

"Well, then there's Serena. She was super smart and brave. She always helped us out, like showing and suggesting where to go next, cooking for us, she was basically like the mom of the group! Always there for us! She's a Pokémon performer. She's really passionate about it too! Right now, she's in the Hoenn region to do Pokémon Contests. We saw her off from the airport right after I left..." Ash remembered that last moment with Serena. She had... A light blush crept across his face. 

Ash's mom smiled. She was about to say something, but Ash's eyes glanced at the clock behind his mom. He snapped back to reality and shot up.

"I'm going to be late! I wanted to see my pokémon today!" Ash put all his pokémon back into their pokeballs and rushed up stairs to his room to change, Pikachu following behind. 

Ash slipped out of his pajamas and into a plain black shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder as he slipped his shoes on. Ash said goodbye to his mom and rushed out the door. They ran in the direction of Professor Oak's lab. They ran without any stops for breath. They were too excited to see some old friends.

Serena's POV

*Yawn* Through foggy eyes, Serena found her blanket kicked to the side of her bed. When she got up, she noticed Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon sleeping next to her. She slowly stepped out of bed, and as quietly as she could, changed out of her pajamas and into her normal clothing. She opened the door quietly and stepped out into the hallway. Serena and her pokémon were staying at the Pokémon Center. As Serena walked down to the waiting room of the Pokémon Center, she saw Nurse Joy at the front desk as usual.

"Good Morning, Serena. I hope you had a good rest." Nurse Joy greeted her.

"It was! Thank you very much Nurse Joy." Serena replied. "By the way, I was wondering if you could give me some food for my pokémon."

"Of course! I'll be right back. Please wait here." Nurse Joy disappeared into the room behind her. A few minutes later, Nurse Joy returned with a cart of three bowls and a plate of sandwiches.

"Here you go." Nurse Joy rolled the cart over to Serena.

"Thank you very much! But, what about the sandwiches? Serena asked.

"Well, I was guessing that you didn't have any food, so, here." Nurse Joy replied.

"Well, thank you again!" Serena took the cart and went back to her room. When she entered the room, her pokémon were still fast asleep. She lightly shook each one awake. 

"Wake up guys! We've gotta go soon." Serena said to them. They all began eating and drinking water out of a single water bottle that Serena pulled out of her bag. When they were done, they put all the bowls on the cart. Serena returned them all into their pokeballs. Then she walked back to the waiting room. Nurse Joy took the cart from her and went into the room behind the counter. When she came out, Serena went up to the desk.

"Hi again Nurse Joy." Serena said.

"Hello Serena. Is there something  you need?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Do you know how I could participate in a Pokémon Contest?" Serena asked.

"Well, you need to get a Contest Pass from that region to participate in one. Then you just show it to the front desk and they'll let you in." Nurse Joy told her.

"Do you know where I could get one?" Serena asked.

"Here." Nurse Joy dug into a drawer under the desk and gave her a plastic card. "This is a Contest Pass. You can get them at Pokémon Centers."

"Thank you! Do you also happen to know when and where the next contest will be?" Serena asked.

"I don't know about that yet, but I'll tell you when I find out." Nurse Joy promised.

"Thank you again! Could I go onto one of the computers?" Serena asked.

"Of course!" Nurse Joy said.

Serena walked over to a computer and sat in a chair. She turned it on and typed in 'Pokémon Contests.'

'Time for some reasearch.' She thought to herself.

Thank you all for reading! This is my first fan fiction that I've ever written, so I hope that you enjoy! I don't have a schedule. I just right this whenever I have time. (I'm in 7th grade!! Please understand!) Thank you again!

~Crystal :3