Starting Point Ch. 27

For everyone who sent their characters, thanks! Some of you will show up in the next chapter though, so sorry about that! Now, here's what you guys have been waiting for!

Serena's POV

I let out the breath that I had been holding in as they called me into the stage. I made my way up the stairs, my boots clanking on the metal stairs. The only thing I heard was the echo from my steps and the faint roaring of a crowd.

"Here she is! The one who made all this possible, the brain behind all of this! Serena Yvonne!"

The crowd cheered and I closed my eyes shut for a second as they adjusted to the spotlight. I put on a smile and touched the mic on my ear as I spoke.

"Hi Melemele! Thanks for making it!" I shouted enthusiastically.

The crowd cheered as I looked over them. I had to admit, I didn't expect this many people to come. It was a full house! My eyes glittered in excitement, any piece of anxiety suddenly gone.

"To be honest, I was starting to doubt if anyone was going to come or not," I started honestly. "A random girl appears in the middle of the square to reveal herself as a recently crowned Top Coordinator who says to meet her at a huge dome that's been under construction for a few months. Sounds suspicious huh?" I laughed.

"This whole thing couldn't be done without the help of many others who have devoted themselves and their ideas to the making of this place and what we do here itself. If you will, can we get a cheer for everyone who helped out?"

The crowd shouted out in answer. I smiled and then put on a straight face.

"I understand that some, maybe most of you, came here out of curiosity. But I'll be able to make sure that next time, you'll come here because you want to see something that you can't see anywhere else on TV!" I smirked. "Everyone, welcome to the Alolan Showcase Hall!"

The crowd roared as the confetti cannons around the stage went off. I waited for a few seconds for the crowd to calm down before speaking again.

"Luckily, we've been able to gather a few contestants from both Melemele and Akala island with some of the posters that we've put around. Hopefully, the live broadcast that is recording this whole thing will help give Alolan Showcases a push! Now, enough with the talking. Let's get to the reason you came here!" I grinned.

The crowd cheered and I stepped to the side as the stage started shaking. Hatches opened in the floor and a new stage appeared. Multiple ovens and counters appeared, with trays and baskets of ingredients at the back. The first stage was the Theme Stage. For this round, the coordinators would have to bake PokePuffs, Poffins, or even make Pokefood and PokeBlock. The judges' pokemon would decide which they licked the best out of three, and the winner would move onto the next stage.

"Come on out, Coordinators!" I shouted into the mic.

From the backstage, exactly thirty two Coordinators and their pokemon, experienced and beginners, lined up and faced the front as the crowd cheered. Among the faces of the Coordinators were a few familiar faces. Including Hannah and Crystal, and even Miette, who we had met at Akala Island while gathering inspiration. But one of the most familiar faces among them was Bonnie. It had already been two years and she was finally able to get her Trainer's license. She and Clemont came over to Alola as soon as Ash told them about it.

"Alright! Up on the screen we've got the number of rounds everyone is assigned to! First up are Crystalieh, Marshall, and Skyler! Each one of you take an oven and everyone else can go back to the waiting room and watch. Second round's Nathaniel, Hannah, and Gisell, be prepared!" I said as everyone nodded in response.