So Close, Yet So Far Ch. 20

It's the 20th chapter guys! Thanks for reading and thanks for 2k reads as well! I'm so thankful for your support! Keep reading!

Serena's POV

I walked towards the beach alone. Thoughts jumped around in my mind as I kept thinking of what to do next.

Flashback~

"I... I want to bring contests to Alola."

My voice seemed to echo around the room. No one spoke at all. Even the pokemon (except my pokemon since they knew about what I wanted to do).'I sweat dropped at their reactions. Suddenly, they all started to stir at the same time and jumped up.

"WHAT?!?" Drew, Dawn, and May screamed/asked.

I flinched at their sudden outburst.

"I want to bring contests to Alola. W-We'll, not exactly contests, but maybe a mix of those and Kalos Showcases?" I said nervously while fidgeting with my fingers.

By the time that I finished speaking, they all sat down and stared intently at me.

"S-So, what do you guys think? Can you do it with me?" I asked.

There was silence for a few seconds. Then there were deep breaths and...

I should've covered my ears.

"OF COURSE!!!" That was mostly Dawn and May. Drew was in that too, but not as loudly. They all smiled (while Drew of course had his smirk/smile) at me.

"We'll stick by you always!" Dawn said encouragingly.

"If you want to do this, we'll be with you every step of the way!" May said, a determined look on her face.

Drew, of course, nodded.

"Thanks guys!" I said, smiling brightly.

To be honest, I was really nervous if they had rejected me or not agreed. I was relived when they said that they'd stick with me. They're really great friends.

"So, what'll we do?" Drew asked, getting straight to the point.

"Well, first I want to ask Professor Kukui to help us. And second..." I said while Lising dramatically.

They leaned in closer.

"Keep it a secret."

Flashback End~

I sat down staring at the water. It was currently a little after noon and I was taking a walk to clear my head. The Alola sun was shining brightly overhead and its rays shone down on the Alola land. The rays of sunlight hit the waves on the water to make the sea look more majestic than it already was. I've always loved the ocean, even though I've barely seen it before back in Kalos.

"What? Why?" May had said when I told them to keep my plan a secret.

"Because!" I said with a small smirk. "It'll be a surprise!"

I really did want to surprise everyone. I wanted them to see how much I had grown through my journeys and what I had learned. I especially wanted Ash to see that.

Putting together my plan would sure take some work, but it would definitely be worth it.

Flashback~

I walked up to Professor Kukui's house. I had to ask him if he could help with my- no, wait, our plan. Drew, May, and Dawn had agreed to help, in which I was very grateful. The pokemon all agreed as well.