Paul's Appearance Ch. 20

Guess who's back with her normal updating schedule? Me! That's who!

Ash's POV

Two months have passed since Serena, May, Dawn and Drew have been acting strange. They stay after class to speak to Mr Kukui a lot and they've been coming to his house whenever I went out. It's also been a month since I kissed Serena on the cheek. I keep flushing when I think about that. I don't even know why I did that.

"Use Leaf Tornado!" I called to Rowlet we were all training the n the beach today.

Rowlet did as I said and aimed it at Lycanroc. Lycanroc dodged swiftly.

"Rock Tomb on Torracat and Torracat use Fire Fang as defense!" I called.

Lycanroc used Rock Tomb and rocks flew towards Torracat, but he reacted quickly by using Fire Fang to crush the incoming rocks.

Torracat has evolved from a Litten to his form now a few days ago. He was obviously surprised but excited. He also got stronger and wanted to train more often, which was fine by me.

"Torracat, Flame Charge on Rowlet! Counter with Leafage!" I shouted.

After a few more minutes of training, we were all tired and exhausted. We crashed to the floor and were breathing heavily.

"That was a great battle guys!" I praised.

They all let out noises of thanks.

Pikachu came around handing some water bottles to everyone. I don't know how they managed to open them and drink them, but they did. I didn't question it though because I was drowning myself in the cool water.

"Alright guys, I think that it's time to start heading back," I said as I noticed the sun starting to set.

I returned them all to their pokeballs and Pukachu jumped up onto my shoulder. I stood up and walked back towards the house.

I passed by multiple shops and stands and my mouth watered when I smelled some malasadas from a near by stand. As I turned a corner, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"A-Ah! I'm sorry-" I started but was cut off.

"Watch where you're going," A familiar voice grunted.

Wait, familiar?

I looked up to find myself looking at a poker face and cold eyes. I jumped back in surprise.

"Paul! Is that you?! I asked/ yelled.

"Huh?" He grunted.

Then something hit me.

"You're wearing shorts!" I exclaimed.

"And...?" Paul asked.

"No, never mind. It's just weird to see you wearing them. Anyways, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I want to get a Jangmo-o." He answered simply.

I sweat dropped and asked him, "How long have you been here?"

"Three days."

"Where are you staying?" I asked.