Drew Joins the Crew Ch. 11

This one's gonna be Serena's POV only, alright guys? Sorry if you wanted more Ash! Btw, I'm changing this story to 1st person POV but I might change it back to 3rd person if I get uncomfortable with this writing point of view. :P

Serena's POV

"Great job Serena!" Dawn said to me happily as we walked  outside the Contest Hall. I turned to Dawn, confusion striking through my mind.

"You're not mad?" I asked her.

Dawn looked at me puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Well, aren't you mad or upset that you didn't win?" I clarified.

"Why would I be mad?" Dawn stopped and grasped both of my hands. "Sure, I'm upset, but Togekiss did a great job and you won your first ribbon! You should be happy about that! Not worrying about how I feel about all of this." Dawn stated.

I heaved a sigh. "I guess you're right." I smiled at her.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people talking. I turned to get a closer look and noticed that it was May. She was talking to someone else.

"Hey Dawn, look! May's over there!" I grabbed Dawn's wrist and pulled her towards May.

As we got closer, I noticed the person giving May a rose. "Aww. Thanks Drew!" I heard May say.

"Hey May!" I called waving. May and the person turned.

"Oh! Serena! Dawn! Sorry I didn't meet you inside. I saw Drew out here and wanted to talk to him." May said apologetically.

I turned to the boy May was talking to. He looked about the same as all of us (I'm gonna change all their ages to 13 because... story?). He had green hair and wore a black long sleeve shirt with a purple vest and green pants. He had green emerald eyes and overall had handsome features. I turned and smirked at May. May stared at me quizzically for a moment but her expression changed into a deep blush. I knew what that look meant and chuckled. The boy turned to us and flipped his hair out of his face, only to have it fall back in the same place. Boys do that?

"You must be May's new friend, huh?" He asked me.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yes I am. My name's Serena." I held out my hand to him.

"The name's Drew." Drew took the hand and shook it.

After shaking my hand a few times, he let go and looked at all of us. "Anyways, you all did great today." He praised us.

"Thanks." I said.

"Thanks! And it's good to see you again Drew!" Dawn said happily.

So they already knew each other. That's good to know.

"Oh Drew," May said, shaking her previous thoughts away. "Are you still performing?" She asked.

"I am. I decided to start over and try performing in contests all over in Hoenn. I need one more ribbon now." He answered.

As soon as he said "ribbon," my ears perked up.

"Can I see your ribbons?" I asked suddenly.

"Sure." He pulled out a small box from his pocket. Inside were four ribbons. One purple, one blue, one green, and one pink. I stared at them all in awe.

"So cool..." I muttered.

Drew chuckled. "Of course they're cool. My pokemon worked really hard to get these." He smiled.

I looked up at him and smiled too. Suddenly, his face turned into a hard look, as if he were concentrating.

"Hmm..." He muttered. "Your face looks really familiar." He said. I stared at him confused. Suddenly, he clapped both of his hands together loudly, making me jump.