A Day To Ourselves Ch. 17

Ash's POV

We started eating while I on the other hand literally shoved my face into my food. I happily ate away as my friends all sweat dropped. Everyone talked and enjoyed themselves whole Serena was unusually quiet.

"Uhh... Serena? Are you okay?" I asked.

Serena's head jolted up and she looked over at me.

"H-huh? Yes Ash?" She asked, still slightly dazed.

"Are you okay? You look kinda... I don't know, not here?" I said worriedly.

"I do? Sorry Ash, I'm just thinking..." Serena said, staring off into space.

I jumped out of my seat and walked over to Serena's as I put a hand on her shoulder.

"How about we go somewhere and relax after school!" I exclaimed excitedly.

Serena jumped for some reason. Her face turned red and she muttered something under her breath.

I turned to everyone else who were smirking at me for some reason.

"Hey guys, any suggestions?" I asked.

"The town!" Dawn immediately suggested.

"Good idea! You guys can come too!" I said.

Everyone shook their heads.

"We've gotta practice," Drew said as May and Dawn nodded in agreement.

"I've gotta stay and help around the restaurant," Mallow said.

"I'm working on a new project!" Sophocles said excitedly.

"I've gotta deliver some milk on Akala Island," Kiawe said.

"I have to go straight home after school," Lillie said.

"I've gotta take care of my sisters," Lana said.

"Aww man," I said while rubbing the back of my neck. "You're all busy."

I turned to Serena and smiled hopefully.

"What about you Serena? Are you free?" I asked.

Her face turned red again as she glanced at May, Dawn, and Drew who all gave her a thumbs up for some reason.

"I-I-I g-guess that I'm f-free," She stuttered.

"Great!" I exclaimed happily. "Let's walk together after school!"

Time Skip After School~

I waited near the door while Serena was still packing all of her stuff. She walked over to me when she was done and we headed out of the school and to the town. Everyone else left earlier to do their earlier mentioned tasks. We walked into town and luckily for Serena, no one recognized her. We stopped by a restaurant to eat out first before doing anything else. As usual, I ate a lot, but not as much as I normally do since I want Serena to have a good time. Serena had one meal while I ordered three.

We went to the shops in town after that. I didn't really buy anything except more pokeballs and some more pokemon food. Serena bought some berries and other ingredients to make her famous macaroons and pokepuffs. I, of course, asked her if I could have some and she said yes, much to my happiness.

While we kept walking around, Serena saw this clothing shop and her eyes sparkled. She looked at me with amazingly cute pleading eyes that I just couldn't say no to. She ran off into the shop while I just sighed. Serena grabbed multiple clothes off hangers and rushed off into the changing rooms to try them on. I sat down on a chair and waited for her to come out.