Nice To See You Ch. 3

Ash's POV

Blinding light from the window woke Ash up.  He got out of bed and stood up. He  couldn't find Pikachu anywhere in his room and guessed that he was downstairs.  He changed out of his pajamas and went downstairs. He found his mom, Mr Mime, and Pikachu in the kitchen making breakfast and setting up the table. 

"Ahh, morning Ash. We're having pancakes today." Delia said.

"Hey mom, Mr Mime." Ash turned to Pikachu. "So you were here buddy." Ash patted his head.

 Breakfast was done in five minutes and they quickly sat down in their seats and began eating. Pikachu swallowed a whole pancake. Ash drank some milk that his mom put out before she asked him a question.

"So Ash," She began. Ash looked up at his mom. "Do you like Serena?" At that moment, Ash spit out his milk and began coughing. Pikachu climbed up Ash's shoulder and started patting him on the back. When Ash stopped coughing, he looked at his mom in shock, a very noticeable bright red blush stretched across his face. "What?!"

"Well, yesterday you spoke very highly of her. You even blushed." Delia told him.

"I-I... uhh... I-I was?" Ash stuttered.

"Yes!" Delia laughed. "I'm guessing that there was some sort of... moment between you two?"

"U-uh... B-before Serena left for her plane, s-she..." Ash felt his whole face go warm. He lowered his head to hide the blush. "S-she k-kissed me..." He admitted.

"Really?" Delia asked, not a hint of surprise in her voice.

"I-I have to go." Ash stood up and went outside. 

"Hehe~" Ash's mom giggled.

"Uuuuggghhhh...." Ash buried his face in his hands. "My mom's so embarrassing!" He said.

"Pika chu pi!" Pikachu said, trying to cheer him up.

"Man, I bet the others would laugh if they saw me like this..." Ash said to himself. "Wait a minute... THE OTHERS! I TOLD THEM THAT I WOULD CALL THEM!" Ash jumped up and ran towards the Pokémon Center, while Pikachu clung to his shoulder for dear life. When Ash got there, he went to the phone and dialed the first number that popped up in his head.

*Ring Ring* *Ring Ring* *Beep!* "Hello?" A face popped up on the screen. 

"Clemont! It's good to see you again!" Ash smiled.

"Ash! Wait one moment." Clemont rushed off in a frantic hurry. Ash looked at the screen, confused. When Clemont came back, Bonnie was there, a happy smile on her face.

"Hi Ash! How are you doing back in Kanto?" Bonnie asked.

"Hey Bonnie! I'm fine! How's Dedenne?" Ash asked her. As soon as he said it's name, it crawled out of her bag and onto her head.

"De ne ne!" Dedenne squeaked happily. "Pika!" Pikachu said. 

"Anyways," Ash continued. "How are you guys over there?"

"Hmm? Oh, we're fine. I get challenges for a gym battle every now and then and I keep inventing." Clemont replied.

"Yeah, but they all blow up!" Bonnie declared.

"Hey! Bonnie!" Clemont shouted.

Ash heard a noise from the screen and Bonnie and Clemont turned around. Clembot came through the door.

"Gym Leader Clemont. There is a challenger waiting for you." He said.

"A-ahh. Alright. Thanks Clembot." Clemont turned to Ash. "Sorry Ash. I've gotta go."