First Contest Day Jitters Ch.8

Ash's POV

Ash jumped out of his bed and ran out of his room. He rushed down the stairs but ended up tripping halfway down. His mom helped him up.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine mom. I'm just super excited!" He pumped his fist in the air. "Serena's first contest is today!"

"I know! You've been talking about it the whole week! But it's at 10:00 remember? We've got an hour and a half before it starts." Delia told him.

"Uuuggghh..." Ash flopped onto the couch. "I shouldn't have woken up so earlyyyyy...." He complained.

"Oh, so you wanted to skip breakfast? Because I made your favor-" Delia didn't even finish because Ash sped over to the table and dug his face into his food. 

An Hour Later~

Ash and his mom were sitting at the couch and staring at the TV. While they waited for the Pokémon Contest to start, Ash's mom spoke about the times when Ash was off on his journeys and she was stuck at home.

"So then Mimey came home with this hugggeee back of rice, and there was so much that we couldn't eat it by ourselves, so we jus-" 

"Mom! Wait! Look, it's starting!" Ash said.

"Welcome Pokemon Contest lovers! Here we are in Slateport City's very own Contest Hall! We are here to see some amazing performances, but before we start, we have a guest Coordinator! You all know her as the Princess of Hoenn, introducing, May!"

May walked up onto the stage and Ash stared at the screen in surprise. 'So she was the guest Coordinator?' He thought.

May waved at the audience and bowed.

"May here will be the opening act before the true contest starts. Good luck!" The announcer stepped off the stage and May stood alone. The lights dimmed and a single spotlight shined on May. A smile grew on her face and she grabbed a pokeball.

"Come on out! Glaceon!" May called. In a flurry of blue light, Glaceon appeared on the stage, letting out an excited, "Eon!"

"Alright Glaceon! Use Ice Shard!" May said.

"Glace!" Glaceon made multiple shards of ice appear and threw them all into the air.

"Now Secret Power!" Glaceon made a yellow sphere and shot it into the Ice Shard. Both attacks collided and exploded into a shower of light blue and yellow sparkles. The crowd cheered.

"Use Stone Edge!" Glaceon shouted and multiple blue pillars shot up from the ground. 

"Now hit them all with Dark Pulse!" Glaceon shot multiple purple spheres at the pillars. Before the Dark Pulse and Stone Edge collided, May shouted, "Quickly! Use Ice Shard Glaceon!"

Glaceon hit every pillar with Ice Shard at the same moment the Dark Pulse did. All the attacks exploded into purple, blue, and light blue sparkles. They showered May and Glaceon, making them look like they were shining. They both bowed and May waved. Everyone cheered and May and Glaceon were given a standing ovation.

Ash couldn't help but smile at the screen. He was so proud of May. She had surely grown in Pokemon Contests since he had last seen her. As he watched May walk off the stage, the announcer walked back on it.

"Can we hear some cheers for that amazing performance just now?" He asked.

The crowd started screaming and clapping and whistling. Ash mentally did the same.