Battle It Out! Ch. 28

Someone needs to slap me across the face and wake. Me. Up.

Oh hey- I updated. (#noteditedintheleast)

Ash's POV

The ones who'd made it through the first stage were Crystal, Hannah, Dylan, Diya, Hawk, Riley, Bonnie, Miette, Nara, Minato, Gian, Lin, Sasuke, Kara, Izuku, and Daniel. (Anyone pick out the references??)

I stared up at the stage as Kim was announcing the Battle Stage. Though she was talking, I wasn't really paying attention. I watched as Serena was talking to the others beside her, laughing occasionally. I smiled slightly. She seemed calm now. Her nerves were definitely gone, or at least somewhat.

Beside me, Clemont tapped my shoulder, snapping me out of my daze. I blinked and turned to him.

"Ash? Are you alright? You looked out of it for a second..." Clemont said, concerned.

I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm fine. I was just thinking about... stuff?"

He nodded in understanding before glancing up at the stage with an excited yet worried look. "Bonnie's going up now! I hope she'll be okay."

"She'll be fine," I said. "Bonnie's strong after all."

Clemont nodded. "Right."

"All right, remember now," Kim's voice blared through the speakers, "The battle will be one-on-one, each trainer using only one pokemon, and in five minutes you have to decrease your opponent's points. Whoever has the most points will move on to the next and final round! With that said, Bonnie! Dylan! Get to your positions!"

Bonnie stood in her spot at the end of the battle field with her pokeball in hand. Dylan on the other side did the same.

"And start!"

Bonnie threw her ball into the air. "Go Dedenne!"

"Go Gengar!" Dylan shouted.

He looked around sixteen and had short brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a black athletic shirt and had red shorts with white stripes down the side. He also had a pair of red running shoes. Glasses framed his face and he had a Z-Ring and Mega Bracelet hanging on from wrist.

Both pokemon stood on the field, staring each other down. The Gengar laughed when seeing its opponent.

"Gengar! That's rude!" Dylan said faintly.

Bonnie smirked and used the distraction to call out a move. "Charm!"

Dedenne nodded and looked over at the Gengar before winking, a heart flying towards the ghost pokemon.

As soon as the heart hit Gengar smack on the forehead, the pokemon fell in a daze.

I blinked in surprise. How did Bonnie know its gender already? Dedenne is a boy, so did that mean the Gengar was a girl?

Gengar stood (or floated) in place for a while, before it simply blinked and stuck it's tongue out at Dedenne. I sweat dropped.

Guess not.

"Hah! Well that didn't work! Now Gengar, use Hypno-" Dylan cut himself off when he realized that Dedenne wasn't there. "Wha-"

Bonnie's smirk grew wider and she shouted, "Alright Dedenne! Nuzzle!"

Dedenne was suddenly behind Gengar and jumped up before nuzzling its cheek into the pokemon. Tiny bolts of electricity raced around the ghost pokemon's body as it twitched and stood still, paralyzed.

"Argh- Gengar!" Dylan called to his pokemon.

Gengar could only growl in response as both Dedenne and his Trainer smirked at them. Bonnie held out a hand as she called out her next move.