Battle Stage Excitement Ch. 9

Ash's POV

As the Coordinators performed, Ash mostly just stared at the screen, waiting impatiently for Serena's battle. Ash hoped that she would be able to pass and win a ribbon, but he knew that she didn't have much of an experience with battling. One could only hope.

"And now, for the last performance, number 12, Dawn!" The announcer gestured towards Dawn as she walked up onto the stage. Ash looked up. Dawn waved towards the crowd and the announcer walked off the stage. 

"Let's do this Togekiss!" Dawn threw a pokeball into the air and after blue rays of light, a Togekiss appeared onto the stage all the while being sprinkled in pink sparkles. Togekiss flew into the air.

"Use Aura Sphere!" Dawn shouted.

Togekiss shot a sphere of blue energy into the air. It flew high up.

"Now use Safeguard!"

A blue light formed around Togekiss. The Aura Sphere started to fall. The attack fell on Togekiss and it collided with the Safeguard. The Aura Sphere and Safeguard both exploded into shiny blue sparkles. Togekiss started flying and dancing around in the sparkles. The crowd cheered.

"Now use Aura Sphere again! Just like we practiced!" Dawn called.

Togekiss turned towards the crowd. Everyone gasped as Togekiss let out several Aura Spheres high above the crowd.

"Hurry and use Sky Attack!" 

 Togekiss formed a blue beam of light and shot it towards each Aura Sphere. Once the Sky Attack hit each Aura Sphere and they exploded into blue sparkles before hitting the crowd. The crowd stared up in awe as the sparkles rained down on them. Everyone started cheering. Togekiss fluttered down and next to Dawn. Both bowed and the crowd erupted into even older cheers.

"That was amazing! You and Togekiss are in tune and are perfect together! A 10." Mr Contesta said.

"That was a great performance. You and Togekiss perform perfectly. A 10 for me as well." Mr Sukizo said.

"I am very impressed. You and Togekiss are very skilled and fit hand in hand. You obviously have a lot of experience. A 10 for me." Nurse Joy said.

Dawn smiled brightly. "Thank you." She said to them. Dawn and Togekiss both bowed and the crowd cheered again. Dawn and Togekiss both walked off the stage.

Ash was happy for Dawn, but if she made it to the next stage, that would mean that she and Serena both could have the chance of battling with each other. Ash sat there thinking. Who would win if they did go up against each other?

Serena's POV

As Dawn walked back into the room, Serena suddenly pounced on her.

"That was an amazing performance Dawn!" Serena said, hugging her tight.

Dawn hugged her back and smiled. "Awww! Thanks Serena!" She sudden,y let go and grabbed Serena by the shoulders. "All we have to do now is wait for the Battle Stage to start." Dawn said to her.

Serena nodded. "Yeah!" She said determinedly.

A Few Minutes Later~

"Alright, we will now announce the names of the Coordinators that will be able to move onto the  Battle Stage!" Serena and all of the other Coordinators stared up at a screen that showed the performance nervously. Although Serena didn't have anything to worry about, she knew that lists of the Coordinators here were strong, while Serena wasn't very experienced. (I don't remember how many Coordinators were able to pass onto the Battle Stage, so I'm sticking to two :P)

"For the first battle," The announcer said. "Seria."

Serena heard an excited squeal behind her.

"And Serena."

Dawn placed her hand on Serena's and smiled. Serena smiled back.

"And for the final round, Dawn."

Serena felt the atmosphere drop suddenly. Everyone was nervous. Only one person left. They all shook with anxiety and Serena thought that she could fell the whole room shake.

"And Ryan." The announcer finished. 

Through the screen, Serena heard cheers and sighs. In the room, the atmosphere suddenly dropped. All of those who didn't make it to the Battle Stage sighed, their pokemon as well. Serena heard some people mutter, "We'll get it next time."

'At least some people are looking forward.' Serena thought.

Just then, a person came through the doors. "Serena and Seria?" 

They both stood up and walked out the door.

When they got to the stage, they both walked to  the opposite sides of the stage. Serena held her pokeball in hand.

"Start!" The announcer shouted.

"Come on out Braixen!"

"Come on out Delcatty!"

After rays of blue light, Braixen and Delcatty appeared onstage.

"Use Shadow Ball!" The Coordinator Seria shouted.

Delcatty threw its head back and released a purple ball of energy towards Braixen.

"Dodge!" Serena frantically shouted.

Braixen quickly jumped out of the way and the Shadow Ball smashed into the wall behind it(no damage done to the wall)

"Use Flamethrower!"

Braixen grabbed her stick and unleashed a load of flames. The flames hurled towards Delcatty. Delcatty tried to dodge but got hit on the leg. Delcatty and Seria's meter fell to just about half.

"Use Hidden Power!" Seria said.

Delcatty threw a yellow sphere towards Braixen. Braixen dodged, but was hit a little bit. Serena and Braixen's meter went down half way.

"Fire Blast!" Serena said.

Braixen let out a cross-like flame towards Delcatty. This time, Delcatty couldn't dodge. Delcatty was engulfed in the flame. Seria and Delcatty's meter hat only a quarter left. Seria looked anxious.

"Use Thunderbolt!" Seria shouted.

Delcatty charged up and let out a bolt of electricity. It hurled towards Braixen.

"Counter with Flamethrower!" Serena shouted.

Braixen let out a wave of flames towards the thunderbolt. Both attacks leveled out. Suddenly, the attacks burst into yellow and orange sparkles over the stage. The sparkles showered over both trainers and their pokemon. Seria's meter fell all the way down to zero.

"And the winner of the first battle round is Serena!" The announcer announced.

The crowd erupted into cheers and Serena ran over and hugged Braixen.

"Serena and her Braixen will be moving on to the finals."

Serena bowed and she and Braixen made their way backstage. As they walked back to the Coordinator room, Serena looked at Braixen.

"Just one more to go and we'll get that ribbon." Serena said to Braixen.

Braixen nodded. "Brai!"

Alright! Another chapter! I've decided the next one will be a little shorter, and then after that, we're gonna do a hhhuuugggeee time skip. Cuz I'm lazy and I want to go onto the interesting parts :) Anyways, thanks for reading all! Please comment and vote. Thankkksss!!1!11

~Crystal

12/11/17