How Cliche Ch. 26

Ash's POV

"Let's go on the rollercoaster next!" I shouted excitedly, practically dragging Serena by the hand.

"Okay, okay!" She laughed. "Slow down!"

As we stood in line, something suddenly came to me. I turned to Serena. "Serena, you aren't afraid of heights, are you?" I asked unsurely.

Serena shook her head. "Not at all. In fact, I actually quite enjoy these types of thrillers."

I looked at her in surprise. I had honestly not expected her to like rides like these. "That's great then! I heard that this is the most thrilling thriller in the whole park! I can't wait!" I laughed.

After a few long minutes, it was finally our turn to ride it. There were two people per car, so me and Serena sat at the front, right next to each other. I could feel my heart racing in excitement. Rides like these get me so pumped up. I couldn't wait!

———————————————

"Ugghhh... my insides..." I groaned as Serena guided me towards a bench.

"There were so many ups and downs and twists and turns, it was amazing!" Serena laughed. "It's too bad that you fainted halfway."

I gulped down a bottle of water thirstily. "Hey, it was just way more than I expected! I've gotta prepare myself for things like that!" I retorted.

Serena looked at me with a playful glare. "Since when have you ever prepared yourself for the unexpected?"

"...... That's true," I muttered.

"Like that one time you jumped off of the Lumious Tower!" Serena laughed.

"Hmm... speaking of Lumious, we've gotta call Clemont and Bonnie some time soon..." I said as I stood up. "Come on, let's go on another ride!"

———————————————

"The funnel cake here was really good! It's always been my favorite carnival snack," Serena smiled.

"Mine, too! I always lick the leftover powdered sugar off of the plate," I laughed.

I looked around and realized how late it was getting. People were crowding the exit gates and there weren't that many people left walking around. The park closes at 9:00, and the clock already read 8:31. I turned my attention back to Serena.

"Hey Serena, where do you wanna go next? We probably only have one more ride left since the park's closing soon," I said.

Serena hummed and looked up, suddenly blushing, but coughed to cover it. "Umm, how about the Ferris Wheel? I haven't been there in one since forever," She said shyly.

"Sure!" I said excitedly.

We got in line and, since there weren't that many people, we were able to get on quickly. I climbed into the booth first before stretching a hand out to help Serena on. As she stepped onto it, she tripped forwards, but I caught her before she fell.

"You okay?" I asked, concerned.

Serena's face turned a shade darker and she nodded.

I steadied her upright and she sat down beside me. The worker closed the door behind us and the Ferris Wheel started moving.

We sat in an awkward, yet comfortable silence. I looked out the window and saw the rest of the park.

"Wow!" I muttered in awe. "You can see everything from up here!"

I felt Serena shift beside me as she turned to the window as well.

"Ah! Look!" She exclaimed, pointing. "You can see the Pokemon School from here!"