Christmas Special

This is the last update before I end the book! I'll leave my appreciations and thanks at the end, so for now, the special!

Note: The special will be in modern world with no pokemon

Ash slammed his head on the cafe table, shaking his friends' coffee and tea.

"Oi! Stop it, Ash! You're spilling my tea!" Gary shouted and picked up his spilling cup.

Paul punched him in the back. "The heck's wrong with you?"

Ash picked up his head and looked at his two friends in the booth opposite of him through misty eyes. "I don't know what to get Serena for Christmas!"

"Pshh- she's your girlfriend! You're already 24 and have been dating the girl for, what, five years already! You should already know what she wants!" Gary said before sulking in his seat. "But it's still amazing how you both have girlfriends already while I'm still single..."

"What are you getting Dawn for Christmas, Paul?" Ash asked, desperately wanting to change the subject. When Gary wanted to talk about his sad love life, he could go on for hours.

"Don't know yet," the lavender haired 25 year old replied with a shrug. "As long as it's sparkly and blue, she'll like whatever it is."

"How can you be so carefree?!" Gary exclaimed, slamming a fist on the table. "If you get her a horrible gift, you may as well end your whole relationship!"

Paul glanced at the brunette. "Dawn's not like whatever girls you're stereotyping her to be. As long as I care enough for her and love her, she'll be fine with whatever I give her."

Ash grimaced. "Hearing Paul talk about love still gives me chills."

Paul tsked. "'Cause you're one to talk."

"Now come on!" Ash shouted. "Help me figure something out here!"

"Don't get her food," Gary said.

"Something meaningful," Paul added solemnly.

"And I suggest not clothes," A new voice added. "God knows how many clothes girls have in their closets..."

They all turned to see a worn out Drew behind around ten bags of clothing. He sat beside Ash and dumped all the bags on the floor.

"Uhh dude? You okay?" Ash asked and poked him in the side. Drew's face fell on the table and he groaned.

"May had me go to the mall with her," Drew mumbled. They all gave murmurs of understanding.

Everyone knew that May, Drew's girlfriend, was a shopaholic. Anyone who joined her in shopping all knew never to join her again. Sadly for Drew, he didn't have a choice.

"How about jewelry or something? I'm sure she'd like that," Gary said as he patted Drew's head comfortingly.

"Well it's not a bad idea, but do I even have enough money for that?" Ash asked.

"Depends on what you want to buy," Paul shrugged.

"Then I guess I could go look..." Ash muttered. Then he looked up at Gary and Paul. "Thanks, guys!"

"We didn't really do anything, but you're welcome," Paul said as he looked at his phone. "I've gotta go, Dawn's looking for me."

"Stop bragging about your girlfriends!" Gary groaned.

"Then get one yourself first!" Ash said.

"How about you get me one for Christmas?" Gary asked.

Ash thought about it.