Prologue

Faye 3 years ago

I gaze at the view beyond my bedroom window. It was raining. The Moon Goddess must have read my mind because, at that moment, I felt the same way.

My hand touches the cold surface of the window.

Will my life get any better than this?

When I was much younger, my days were mostly filled with shouting, glass shattering, and lots and lots of bruises. Of course, during that time, I did not understand the situation. I thought the world that I grew up in was always this cruel. And it's true. It has always been this cruel. Every day was the same. Some days worse than others. Even then, I hoped and prayed that everything would get better, however, none of my prayers were answered. I thought it was because I was no longer pure. 

As I hear footsteps approaching my room, my hands instinctively wiped the fallen tears. The door opens revealing the person I call Mother. She must have something important to say if not, she wouldn't even bother entering this room.

"What do you want, Mother?" The words left behind a taste of bitterness. This woman does not even deserve the slightest bit of respect from me. I was disgusted by her and my insides were churning. I felt extremely uncomfortable around her.

She lowers herself and sat on my worn-out bed. She reaches out her hands to hold mine but I shifted my hands away before she could do so. You do not deserve to do that after all these years.

My heartbeat quickens as she closes the gap between us.

" I have something important to tell you. " She said in her comforting voice. I simply shrugged . 

But little did I know that my life was going to take a turn for the worse.

A few months later...

We moved back into Mom's old pack.

The reason we moved here from New York was that Mother finally rejected and divorced her husband. At first, I was jumping up and down in joy but the moment we moved here, my happiness slowly died down.

I had high expectations about moving here. I thought of how moving to a new city could give me a second chance to live. Nonetheless, I was wrong. There was no such thing as a fresh start in this life, not for me at least.

People see me as a weak person as I had a fragile body and a timid personality. People started using me for all sorts of things. I was an easy target for them. I let them do this to me. And once again, history repeated itself.

Every day and night made me feel like I didn't deserve to live. The worst part is that I remember every person who made my life a living agony. I remember clearly the awful things they did to me. No matter how much I do to try to forget about them, they made sure I didn't. 

But, there is one place where I can forget about them.

While most teenagers hate this place we call school, for me, it is my only escape from the troubles at home. When I am in school, I feel safe and secure. I feel invincible because they cannot touch me when I am here. I feel like a completely different person here. 

I feel alive...

And I owe it all to my supportive and caring friends for making me feel this way.

I trust all of them with my life and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for them. They made living through every day more bearable and less painful. They kept me sane and smiling whenever they could. They made sure I never felt alone or unhappy. They make me feel worthy of living which never fails to warm my heart.

Although I am close to all of them, only Bella knew about my situation at home. She is the first person I trusted, therefore, I felt more comfortable telling her about everything.

I recall the first time we met. On my first day of school, she approached me and asked me about the time. One thing led to another and we immediately clicked. We got closer and I trusted her. After about a year into our friendship, I took up the courage to open up to her. Back then, she did nothing but listen which made me cry because she was the first person to do so.

Shortly after she heard my story, she comforted me which made me cry harder.

I thought at that moment. 

'Turns out, I had someone I could trust in this world after all.'

-----

Word count: 785 words

The Prologue is a glimpse of her past and I hope everyone got to know Faye better.

Moving on, the first chapter will be about a day in Faye's life.

Vote and comment if you liked the prologue!