Chapter 22- Embracing The Good And The Bad In Today

"The amount of love you receive equates to the amount of hate you receive."

My morning started out with my mate cuddling me and I couldn't be happier. I did my usual morning routine. Now I am descending the stairs to carry out my duties. When I felt my feet slip from the stairs, a hand held my arm preventing me from falling. I sigh, grateful that I didn't fall. How clumsy can I get this days!

"Oh, it's you, Ashton. Thank you for saving me again." I smile gratefully. He releases my arm and faces me with a blank expression. "I don't treat you as my Luna. I am only following my Alpha's order." Tears threaten to pour but I bit my lips. He walks away and I let a few tears slip away.

I forgave him the last time and this time, he struck harder. I don't know what I did wrong to him. It seems everyone loves to treat me this way.I just thought everybody here would have accepted me already, even if its partially I am okay with it. But this time, his words were harsh and out of line. I don't know what to do. Should I speak to Aiden about this? If I do, what would he think of me? Badmouthing his best friend? Not a good impression to give towards my mate. Maybe I should just put this aside.

Continuing with my day with cooking lunch for the pack members. Turns out it takes hours and a lot of hands to get things done due to the large numbers that we have here at this pack. The food gets delivered to the other pack house too and other female available in the house will try to help out too. Sometimes the mothers are not able to help out as they have to take care of their children. While the other half of the females in this pack are training or are warriors which I thought is cool. Gender equality is present in this pack. I just hope that in every other pack, the same system is put into place and opportunities are given to the female pack members.

Every single day, they will provide a variety of food choices so everyone has something that they are willing to eat which I think is a brilliant idea. This pack is well-aware about the pack's well-being and preferences. This is all because of my mate from what I have heard. He implemented many new improvements since he took over the title of Alpha. I am very proud of my mate.

I help serve the food and make sure that all the cutleries are in place. Soon, pack members enter the dining room. They greet me and I smile graciously in return. They get seated and soon the dining table was filled up with pack members. I take my seat and wait for my mate. When everyone bowed their heads and I meet my mate's eyes.

I smile at him and he smiles back. He walks to the head of the table and sits down, not before declaring to eat of course. He starts by pilling his plate with the pot roast that I made. I had suggested making this dish since I found out it was his favorite. I watch his reaction as he takes a bite.

His face was blank at first which made me feel a little scared. Then, it turns into a satisfying smile. My heart beats quickly and butterflies erupt in my stomach. He likes the pot roast which makes me elated. "Who made the pot roast?" My mate questions. "The pot roast is actually made by the Luna. The Luna suggested it." He faces me and thanks me. I go back to eating, with my heart feeling a little lighter. After lunch, I help clean up with the ladies constantly insisting that I should go rest but I politely refuse and continue helping them. After all that is done, I check out the training grounds where pack members were training.

They were fighting endlessly and fiercely. No room for weaknesses and mercy. Their training seems intense. If I were to train, will I be able to handle it? A question for me to answer another time. A tall and buff guy approaches me, he seems to be in his 40s. "Hi Luna, I am Leo and I am in charge of the training that goes on here." He holds out his hand for me to shake it and I do lightly. "It's okay Leo,you can call me Faye. And by the way, you are doing a good job Leo, keep up!" He flash me a sincere smile. "Thank you Faye and I am honored to be praised by you." He does a bow and I chuckle in return.