Chapter 43-Mom's Funeral

I lean and rest my head on dad's shoulder. He wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. Both of us being each other's support. We had just lost a person we cherished so much. I weep. My hands trembling in melancholy as I wipe the tears falling from my eyes. "I already miss her dad," I whispered.

"Me too, Ally." Dad presses a kiss on my forehead. Slowly, someone comes up to the podium and speaks. " Yesterday, we had just lost a significant member of our pack, Alyssa Brooklyn. We have investigated and the cause of death was murder by a few loyal pack members. We made a theory that following the Queen's scandal and the death of an unfaithful guard, a few pack members opposed against the decision of the court. That has lead to them taking away one of the people the Queen cherished and loved the most, her mother." Bitter tears slide down my face. I close my eyes as the pain becomes too much.

Dad rubs my shoulder to comfort me. "It's not your fault Ally." The speaker soon continues. "Let us show our love and respect to Alyssa Brooklyn by having a moment of silence." I shut my eyes and memories of my mom come through. Her beautiful eyes, smile and everything about her makes me feel content. She knew the right words to make me laugh and sometimes even nags at me about not getting enough sleep or eating enough. She cared about me every step of the way and I am not sure how I am going to continue on with my life without her. She was my pillar of support. Now, who will be my pillar of support? Who will nag at me? Who will welcome me with open arms? Who will I go to ask for advice?

"Hello everyone, I am Emily. A good friend of Alyssa's. We have been friends for over 27 years, way before we had our beautiful children. I have known Alyssa as a very bright person. Someone who could light up the room with only their presence. She was the first friend that I made when I came to this pack. I was afraid when I first arrived here. No one wanted to talk to me because I was different. I was like no one else. Everyone detested my race. Why do you ask? Because I was a rogue. Nonetheless, Alyssa approached and begin sparking conversations with me. She included me in everything she did with her friends. She kept the bullies away from me. She protected me as a sister would. She helped shape me to who I am today.

That is why I am eternally indebted to Alyssa. Without her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I wouldn't have been able to lead alongside my mate and become a Luna everyone still loves and admires. I am thankful to have met Alyssa. An astonishing and cheerful woman who stood by my side all the way." Emily ends her speech with a poignant smile.

A few other people come up to talk about my mother. All the good things that she did for them. I am proud to have a mother who helps other people in need and treats people as their equal. The podium remains empty as no one comes up to speak. My dad sits up a little and calls for Bella. Dad lets go of his hold on me and Bella takes over. She rubs my back. "It's okay Ally."

I watch as Dad goes up to the podium and delivers his speech.

"My wife was the most stunning, beautiful, gorgeous and kindest person I have met. When we first met, it was actually a funny encounter. I was her mentor at first, I disliked her a lot." A few chuckles were heard. It warms my heart. "Even when I knew she was my mate, I tried every way possible to avoid and run away from her but something just kept pulling us together. Alyssa would always bug me with a million questions. She paid attention to every surgery and word I said about every patient that was under my charge. Even when I had overnight duties, she would stay up with me and when I do get out of the operation room, she will be the first person you see. She holds out a bottle of water and bread for me. She stayed to make sure that I ate something and made my bed comfortable just so I could sleep.

I remained my relationship just as a mentor to her but couldn't resist and pulled her aside to kiss her. Shockingly she kissed me back. Ever since that day, we have been inseparable but now," Dad sighs and looks down for a moment, solemnly. "Alyssa has left me to go to a better place. I just wish I had more time with her. I do not regret anything and I will cherish all the memories I made with my beautiful wife. I hope that all of you don't think her death as a tragedy but as a blessing. A reward that she deserves after serving the greater good in this world. Thank you." Dad steps down from the podium. He holds out a hand towards me. I shake my head, not able to keep myself intact.