Chapter 33-Alpha Meeting

Aiden's POV [the day he left California]

I was shocked that Faye made the decision to stay with the pack when I had given her the chance to follow me. I wanted her to follow me for her to be close by my side just so I can protect her. I felt a little uneasy when she wanted to stay behind as I will be far away and incapable of protecting her.

I had to assign a couple of my warriors to keep a close eye on her and to make sure no one and I mean no one tries to harm Faye. I will break their necks if I find out that Faye even gets the smallest blister. I prepared myself for the short five-hour flight that I was getting on alone. Usually, Ashton would follow me but due to circumstances, he can't.

I reach New York in time with no delays and take my car to the meeting place. It was already four in the afternoon. I speed up and manage to reach the building where we were having our meeting. I entered the building, looking all professional. I gave my ID card and step inside the building with no problem. A staff member escorts me to the venue.

I hear deep voices emerging from a nearby conference room and I gave my best professional smile as the staff member opens the door. Everyone looks at me for a moment- some sent me welcoming smiles while others ignored me. I sat down in between the Alpha of Bridgeton and Eastside Pack. I maintained a good relationship with them as they come from different states. I start up a conversation and we continued talking about pack business.

"The Werewolf Council has arrived. Show your respect. "We all stood up in sync and look towards the door, to see a few elders coming in. One was a woman aged around her 50s, she had striking brown hair with a few grey strands and was wearing a suitable formal wear for her age and this conference meeting itself. There were two man who came in together who looked a little older than the woman and they were in their suits with expressionless facial expression plastered to their faces.

The Werewolf Council takes their seats and we do too. "Let's begin with our meeting." I raise my hand to start off the meeting. "I have already gotten permission for war to arise between my pack, The Black Moon Pack and the Red Crescent Pack. My pack had won the war and the Red Crescent Pack was left without their Alpha after that war. I have decided to take over the Red Crescent Pack with your permission if you will let me? " I pass the documents to a helper which helps pass documents to the Werewolf Council. There was some buzz among the elders.

"You have granted our permission for you to take over Red Crescent Pack. "There were some criticised looks around the room, they were bitter about the fact that an Alpha whom they knew for a long time got defeated by someone younger.

"Thank you." Someone else begins to talk once I thanked the elders.

I did some paperwork while listening in on the meeting. In an Alpha Meeting which we had once a month, where you could grant permissions, expansion of pack territory or even requests for more pack members to join your pack. It is where Alphas will suggest new ways to improve the well-being of their pack and say directly what is necessary for their pack. Alphas could also suggest new laws. Many of the Alphas in America are in attendance as it is compulsory.

"Since no one wants to speak anymore, the Werewolf Council will announce an important announcement now. We have decided to pick an Alpha King and Luna Queen to disband the Werewolf Council Committee. We have nominated ten suitable candidates which comes from around the world. Two of you are here. We will announce now. The two suitable candidate in running for Werewolf Royalty are Alpha Leo of the Westwood Pack and Alpha Aiden of the Black Moon Pack. We have seen many qualities of a great leader and adding in your youthfulness have helped many werewolves not only in America but other countries too.

We may now start the voting system. The candidates will not be able to vote. "A piece of paper is distributed and the Alphas disperse to make their decision. I looked at Leo and a conversation sparked between the both of us. "I wonder why we are put in this kind of situation. "We both chuckled.