Chapter 39-Audrey's Birthday

I was already up and ready to welcome the guests invited to my daughter's birthday party

I was already up and ready to welcome the guests invited to my daughter's birthday party. It was already twelve in the afternoon. My little princess is busy playing with her little friends. She was in a one piece dress. I guess her beauty takes after her mother.

My baby girl is already turning six

My baby girl is already turning six. Where has all those years gone by? I was getting a little emotional. "Hi my love." Aiden presses a kiss on my mark. I shivered a little and place a proper kiss on his lips. "Elaine,it is so nice to meet you again." We share a hug. "Leo, pleasure to meet you again." I did a curtsy and Aiden does a bro handshake with him. Guys, I never understand them.

I enter the birthday venue with Elaine, just catching up with her. "Come meet Audrey." I lead her to Audrey. "Audrey come here my dear."

"Yes, mummy! "She walks quickly and grasp my dress to stabilize herself. How cute. "Audrey, meet auntie Elaine."

"Hi Auntie." Audrey shyly greets Elaine, also known as my new best friend friend. A person I have just met and felt an instant connection with her. This is a blissful moment.

Elaine gives me a thumbs up, signalling for me to leave the two of them to get to know each other. I chuckle a little before knowingly walking away.

I welcome guests as they enjoy the light snacks placed at one side of the room. Delighted expressions made me feel satisfied. "Mom, dad! "I go over to hug both of my parents.

"Alexis, is it okay if I talk to you for a second?" Mom asked hesitantly. I sense something wrong. Why is she so hesitant? "Is there something wrong Mom?" Mom fidgets with her fingers, looking down. A worried expression taking over her confused one.

"We... well I just got a job offered."

"WOW! Congratulations Mom! Why aren't you happy about it though?"

"It involves going to Sapphire for a while." I gasped as mom said those words. Did I hear that well? Sapphire is a place where wars occur regularly. The land sat in the middle of Safira and Calumby. The two lands constantly fighting over each other to dominate Sapphire. It wasn't the desirable place to be in.